v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in Italian

Discussions of the development process of the game.
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Translation in Italian

Post by roberto »

Hello,
I am translating the added text from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 release.
I fount some sentences (i.e. "Sleeping quarters in Loneford10", "Found gold on waytolake7b", ecc) that seems to be a "marker" for some internal technical activities of the game and not a real sentence that need to be transalted: what kind of place could be named "waytolake7b"? It seems to be a "software label", not a "real" place into the game as Nor City or Loneford, just to say.

So, how to do with those strings?

More, i found also a "TODO", "Placeholder for hidden quest stages 2 (not displayed)", ecc. Seems that some sentence in english are still miss.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Translation in Italian

Post by Zukero »

Hello Roberto. These are indeed strings that will never be displayed in-game, and do not need a translation. As they are implemented the same way as other quests, my script exported them as translatable text.
Just disregard them.
I'll try to remember not to include them the next time :)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Nut

Post by Nut »

Hello translators,
I'd recommend to wait with translations now, until you've played the coming release.
The new texts are already included and would be a big spoiler...
Nut
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Post by roberto »

Zukero wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:12 am Hello Roberto. These are indeed strings that will never be displayed in-game, and do not need a translation. As they are implemented the same way as other quests, my script exported them as translatable text.
Just disregard them.
I'll try to remember not to include them the next time :)
My suggestion, if i can say, is to add a special mark to those kind of strings: i.e. start with "##" and end with "^^" or other kind of signals. So translators immediately understand they are not "text" but "markers".
Nut

Post by Nut »

8-) Good idea
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Yes, there are quite a large number of such strings. They are in hidden quests that players never see, but we use them to keep track of what players have done. For example, "Found gold on waytolake7b" is the marker to indicate that you found some gold on that map, which is used to make sure you can't find it more than once.

We could mark such strings with special characters, but they are already marked internally as part of a non-diaplayable quest log. If Zukero can filter them out of the translations using that, then the special characters are not necessary.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1