v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Idea of place] Arena

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: [Idea of place] Arena

Post by Voom »

Hi Nut!
It has been a while, great to see you too 8-)
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:22 pm ATCS is not that different to what you used before.
The AT directory does not belong to us, and the owner does not respond to my emails.
I wish the owner of the website gave us control of it. It would have been great to have access given to at least the devs.

How do you feel about a wiki in Fandom.com? Check out this wiki I just made https://nbafinalsstatsheet.fandom.com/w ... Sheet_Wiki

If you click on Best Players link it will show a table I put together.
Voom
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

The source code to create the directory is on github. Someone could give it a try and create the directory for 0.7.12:
https://github.com/irkallacz/atp
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Idk what any of this means. Does it say that if we change the source files in Github, they will automatically change in the server of the website?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You can't change the files on github, because it's not your github account. You also can't change the website content, because it's not your website. You can fork the files on github to your own github account, and then change them. You can then use the modified files to build content for a website, but that has to be your website.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

The code on github is used to create the html files for the directory. You could checkout the code from github. Then run the code against the latest AT sources and then upload the generated html files to some webspace under your control. Post the link here and people will get the latest directory from your webspace.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:39 pm You can't change the files on github, because it's not your github account. You also can't change the website content, because it's not your website. You can fork the files on github to your own github account, and then change them. You can then use the modified files to build content for a website, but that has to be your website.
It clicks now, this I understand.
Gonk wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:52 pm The code on github is used to create the html files for the directory. You could checkout the code from github. Then run the code against the latest AT sources and then upload the generated html files to some webspace under your control. Post the link here and people will get the latest directory from your webspace.
So the github code I run against the latest AT sources will allow new content to be included in the generation of html files I can then use for a website?

Piece of cake, no doubt.
Voom
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

Voom wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 am So the github code I run against the latest AT sources will allow new content to be included in the generation of html files I can then use for a website?
Exactly
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Ah I don't know how I missed that it was available on Github. If someone updates the scripts I'm happy to host them here just let me know.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

How can I update the scripts and get those html files for you using the latest AT sources? (Sry)
Voom
Gonk

Post by Gonk »

This is from the readme:
This app is written in PHP and uses Nette framework and Kdyby/Console addon. I use MySQL database as data storage.

My idea was use console scprits to import data from game source files to database. Scripts can be found in app/commnads directory. Then use framework to generate web pages and save that pages, so nothing is generated, unless there has been change. Generated pages can be found in render.
So you need to checkout the github project and install PHP, Nette, the addon and MySql. Then download the latest AT sources from AndorsTrailRelease and run the scripts in the app/commands directory.

Are you comfortable with coding and software?