v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Idea of place] Arena

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Ultimemmv
android_version: 4.0

[Idea of place] Arena

Post by Ultimemmv »

I think that can be a great idea:
Some predefined group of monster and levels:
Each time you won in the arena the next level will be harder and harder.
It will function like a quest:
You speak to a npc that say you your level and you can try or not at the end bonus XP and gold, It can be another way to make this game more competitive with other player because compare our stats is not truly significative.
I will try to make it with the creation tool but say me if you think that is a good idea or not. Thanks you.
Also if you know a good place for the arena because I haven't ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… or if you can speak about the different group of monster, I think these group should be done for level 5 then 10 then 15 etc etc and you?
Ultimemmv

Re: [Idea of place] Arena

Post by Ultimemmv »

I am already thinking about it however everybody can have inspiration and good idea so say all you think it's not because you have forgotten some points that it can't work with other idea

Let's transform AT in the best game of the world
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Ultimemmv wrote: โ†‘Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 pm Let's transform keep AT in as the best game of the world
There, I corrected it for you ;)

This is an idea that pops up from time to time.
In principle, why not. There are two issues:
- The monsters cannot be generated procedurally, nor can we have infinite rounds of increasing difficulty.
- It has to fit the world and have a compelling background story.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Ah yes, this has been suggested a few times before. I've always been open to the idea if it fits the game.
JustBinary
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Idea: Combat House (League)

Post by JustBinary »

Hello,
I just come up with another idea.

What do you think about something like a fighting league or a combat house - however you want to call it. It would be a huge house in a big city. If you enter it, you probably get the chance to rest for about ... let's say ... 50 gold every time. Then you spend another amount of gold to enter the "league" or training area, combat house or whatever name it has.
It's a stage-by-stage fighting mode. You're confronted with an enemy (only humans, I suggest) that you have to fight against. If you defeat him/her, there comes the next one - a stronger one. If you have time to regenerate health by using potions or effects/skills, is a thing to be discussed. Then (instantly or after some time) you fight against this enemy and try to win. As the enemies become stronger and stronger every round, the player will probably die after some time (there shouldn't be any other way to get out of it other than the dead).
I would suggest to NOT set a limit for the enemies' strength because then even the really addictive players with characters beyond level 100 are challenged. Additionally, this allows testing of different, specific tactics against different types of enemies. I think the high players would also make tests like "how far you can get" out of it.
Probably a good compromise: the enemy's "level" increases by 5 in every round; the "level" represents the stats that a usual character at that specific level would have. As there was the debate about overpowered IF, the human enemies could also have skills - just like the characters. As a last point, the question is whether these human opponents should be "created" (coded using fixed stats) or "generated" (coded using pre-defined functions that result in variable stats).
Could this whole idea lead to the feeling of a multi-player game as there are multiple players (but still controlled by the game) ...? (I don't think so)

TL;DR
What about a stage-by-stage combat challenge that features human enemies without limit in strength so that even extremely strong characters are challenged?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

See above, and linked posts.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Ultimemmv

Post by Ultimemmv »

I think that can be a good Idea but they are somes problems... Make skill and things like these for npc just for fighting is a bit too much work for what it give this is why I had prupose an arena with monster they are a lot of monster already existing and powerfull enough but we can suggest to combine them by using monster and npc, at the beginning monster then npc and then these two but it will need another class of monster to keep this like a challenge, support class, not only give debuff to the player but give buff to the monster like: healing, attack boost, def boost, accuracy boost etc what do you think about?
Ultimemmv

Post by Ultimemmv »

Another thing: I am truly determinated to do this work but I have a truth problem with map makking on tiled so I will need your help and I have an idea for the emplacement of this arena/ Combat house... According to this post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4736 the Carn tower isn't reserved for the moment so I think that it can be a good thing to make this on the Carn tower but if we do that another problem will come: Find a background to this place... A great monument of a RPG need a background according to the background of the game so I will need help for the element following:
-Finding a lot of idea for the arena/Combat house/ league (and after I will make a strawpoll with the idea)
-Find someone to make the map
-Your mind about the different fight and the level
-Help for the background
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Ultimemmv wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 pm -Find someone to make the map
Sorry, but that will not be anyone on the dev team. We have far too many maps that are a higher priority.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Ultimemmv

Post by Ultimemmv »

rijackson741 wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 pm
Ultimemmv wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 pm -Find someone to make the map
Sorry, but that will not be anyone on the dev team. We have far too many maps that are a higher priority.
I know and this is why I post that on Ideas in motion, to find help with members who don't be a part of developping team for now