v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Idea of place] Arena

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: [Idea of place] Arena

Post by Voom »

There could be three fight houses. Each with randomly generated human npc's that have their own strengths. The first house has high criticals, the second house has enourmous dmg resistance, and the third house is immune to criticals and regens hp on every hit. The quest requires that you defeat 5 humans per house to complete. This forces you to adjust play style/build. Depending on the region of the quest the difficulty can be adjusted accordingly.
Oh and lets call each house a unique name. Once completed the master of all three houses prompts you to fight him/her. The master has all three characteristics to a smaller degree.

Neat!
Voom
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Voom wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:28 am There could be three fight houses. Each with randomly generated human npc's that have their own strengths. The first house has high criticals, the second house has enourmous dmg resistance, and the third house is immune to criticals and regens hp on every hit. The quest requires that you defeat 5 humans per house to complete. This forces you to adjust play style/build. Depending on the region of the quest the difficulty can be adjusted accordingly.
Oh and lets call each house a unique name. Once completed the master of all three houses prompts you to fight him/her. The master has all three characteristics to a smaller degree.

Neat!
This sounds interesting and exciting.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

ace wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Voom wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:28 am There could be three fight houses. Each with randomly generated human npc's that have their own strengths. The first house has high criticals, the second house has enourmous dmg resistance, and the third house is immune to criticals and regens hp on every hit. The quest requires that you defeat 5 humans per house to complete. This forces you to adjust play style/build. Depending on the region of the quest the difficulty can be adjusted accordingly.

Neat!
This sounds interesting and exciting.
It really does! But I'm not sure if this could fit the storyline in any way... unless the Thieves Guild has a secret underground training club to accommodate each "house"! And since there is hardly ever any tanky thieves, let's adjust the houses: 1 - Lethality House: high dmg & criticals, 2 - Stealth House: high block chance & immune to crits, 3 - Reaper House: high attack chance, high combat speed, & regens hp on every hit.

Boss will be in the final Infinity House (cheesy maybe). The boss will just be called "The Boss" with all above characteristics. Once beat can give insight to Andor's whereabouts and provide a new skill.

Btw, I'm back in town :D Missed all of you. Looking forward to reset and playing through the newest version!
Voom
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

Welcome back, Voom! Long time no see!

Rather than associating these with the Thieves' Guild, it could be a separate Warriors' Brotherhood, to be found at the top of some lonely mountain.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Tomcat wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm Welcome back, Voom! Long time no see!

Rather than associating these with the Thieves' Guild, it could be a separate Warriors' Brotherhood, to be found at the top of some lonely mountain.
Thank you, Tomcat! Good to be back, I've reorganized my mental space to allow my self to get back to what I really enjoy doing.

No way Warriors' Brotherhood doesn't make the cut. Who knows, maybe Andor himself trained there, but the clientele log is a secret and where only small clues about Andor can be discovered.
Voom
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

Voom wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:13 pm
Tomcat wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm Welcome back, Voom! Long time no see!

Thank you, Tomcat! Good to be back, I've reorganized my mental space to allow my self to get back to what I really enjoy doing.

No way Warriors' Brotherhood doesn't make the cut. Who knows, maybe Andor himself trained there, but the clientele log is a secret and where only small clues about Andor can be discovered.
That's great that you've found a way back to having fun in your life - that's huge! And I'm glad that this game still counts as something that you enjoy.

I have things already in the works, but we'll have to keep this idea afloat.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Welcome back :ugeek: . Are you still (physically) based in Florida?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Hi Voom,
Nice to hear from you again, after such a long time 8-)
Nut
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Yes, I am. With my career starting, there's has been a lot of changes. A little mental defrag was what I needed once I settled and established a routine.

Now, all I feel like doing is reading through all of the new posts in the forum and playing through 7.12. I do have some ideas of where to start helping out. I would love to pick up weblating Bulgarian again. Looking forward to downloading ATCS and getting the feels for it again (I assume it has changed quite a bit). The AT directory is quite outdated too, I would like to be a part of that update.

It is very good to be back in this world.
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

ATCS is not that different to what you used before.
The AT directory does not belong to us, and the owner does not respond to my emails.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1