Alpha test v0.6.9

Discussions of the development process of the game.
kabbie1882

Re: Alpha test v0.6.9

Post by kabbie1882 »

daveandviv wrote: Also, in terms of overall difficulty, my sense is that the wyrms seem to be a bit more difficult than the ~150 experience points they give when defeated. I'm at level 38 after grinding for a few months and there are times when I'm unlucky and get killed by a single wyrm (even a young one). Not sure what others think about this.

+10+10+10

I am at level 36 and it takes 3-4 bonemeal potions to kill 1 wyrm. The "trainers" or what ever they are are just as bad.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

I have now uploaded alpha 3 that corrects the following things:
tek wrote:The "Clouded intent" quest says "Guthbered wants me to go up to Blackwater Mountain and ask Harlenn why (or if) they have summoned the Gornaud monsters against Prim". I have done this already, but I tried again after deciding to help Prim, but when I try to talk to Harlenn again he says "You again? I want no business with you. Leave Me."
Harlenn now has a conversation option on that phrase that allows you to continue the "Clouded intent" quest.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

I hope this alpha version works well. Please report more issues that you might find, and thanks for testing this far!

Other comments:
tek wrote:I am not seeing this behavior you describe.
What part of the behaviour do you not see? Do you get the "Regeneration" condition on your player, as indicated by a red cross icon in the lower right part of the screen and on the player stats overview? Or do you get the regeneration condition but do not gain hp? Have you tried re-equipping the ring?
tek wrote:What about mass item sales & drops. Was I wrong in my expecting of its implementation being in the. 69 release?
While I agree that would be a valuable addition, this is not something that I have ever planned for v0.6.9 , nor stated that it would be added in this version. See the issue tracker for the things that we have planned for v0.6.9:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/issues/list
tek wrote:Will the RoLS regeneration work while having 2 of them equipped?
No, the regeneration condition is not stackable.
tek wrote:Everywhere I go seems to be buggy or a dead end. I cannot even purchase merchandise at either village.
I am saddened to hear that you do not enjoy the alpha version. Perhaps it was wrong of me to release an alpha version before having worked even more on it. The reason I make this game is because I want to bring a great game to you players, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of hearing about good gaming experiences from the game. You apparently did not like this alpha version at all, and I am sad to hear that. These types of comments really discourage me to develop the game in this kind of collaborative way, and maybe we shouldn't release alpha versions this early? Do you think you would have had a better experience if you had tried the future beta instead?
daveandviv wrote:Been having a lot of fun playing the new version
Thank you daveandviv for one encouraging comment :)
daveandviv wrote:I purchased and (temporarily) equipped items from Blackwater Mountain and got the "Blackwater misery." However, when I unequipped all of the items, my blackwater misery did not disappear even after resting. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended to be a permanent thing or something that requires a special cure.
The intention is that the condition should be removed when all items that cause the condition are unequipped. It should not be a permanent condition. Are you sure you have unequipped all items that cause the condition?
daveandviv wrote:Also, in terms of overall difficulty, my sense is that the wyrms seem to be a bit more difficult than the ~150 experience points they give when defeated.
This is probably due to the fact that the added conditions that they cause is not taken into account when calculating the given experience. I'll update this when we get to beta, have to figure out a clever way to calculate what exp to give from conditions. Good point! Also, the wyrms have a nasty attack effect that causes "Minor fatigue", which severly lowers your combat abilities. The good news is that there is a cure for this somewhere in the game :)
daveandviv wrote:Last, I convinced Guthbered in Prim to leave the city, which should be the end of the "Agent and the Beast" quest, but that quest still shows up in my quest list.
You should be able to talk to Harlenn again, and select something like "Yes, he is gone." (if your inventory contains Guthbered's ring that he dropped)
daveandviv wrote:gave me a bunch of stuff, and I guess that made the rest of the settlement trust me. I still can't buy anything from Prim though....
If you helped the Blackwater Mountain settlement, you won't be able to buy from Prim.
/Oskar
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

Please don’t misunderstand me! I absolutely LOVE this game!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

oskarwiksten wrote:
tek wrote:Will the RoLS regeneration work while having 2 of them equipped?
No, the regeneration condition is not stackable.
I'm sorry to hear that, but sounds like a good decicion. So I wont hunt for another RoLS for now. (good that there are other items worth hunting. :D )
oskarwiksten wrote:
daveandviv wrote:I purchased and (temporarily) equipped items from Blackwater Mountain and got the "Blackwater misery." However, when I unequipped all of the items, my blackwater misery did not disappear even after resting. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended to be a permanent thing or something that requires a special cure.
The intention is that the condition should be removed when all items that cause the condition are unequipped. It should not be a permanent condition. Are you sure you have unequipped all items that cause the condition?
I also experienced this behaviour. And yes I also unequipped everything else.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

How I got to this point:
1. I went to Blackwater and talked to Harlenn. He asked me to ask Guthbered if they were responsible for the attacks.
2. I went to Prim and talked to Guthbered and relayed harlenn's message. Guthbered then asked me to go back to Blackwater to relay a message to Harlenn, which i did.
3. Harlenn then asked if I wanted to help him. I said no, and in return he said he had no use for me.
4. I went back to Guthbered and this is when I lost the other quest from the quest log and have been unable to complete the "Clouded intent" quest. Guthbered wants me to go up to Blackwater Mountain and ask Harlenn why (or if) they have summoned the Gornaud monsters against Prim". I have done this many times already.
5. Even after downloading/installing alpha 3 and returning back to blackwater to speak with Harlenn, the quest still cannot continue for me.
The last thing Harlenn says in the new dialog is
they even captured one of our fellow scouts. Who knows what they have done to him.
I click the "Next" button and the conversation ends. I want to help Prim
daveandviv

Post by daveandviv »

daveandviv wrote:gave me a bunch of stuff, and I guess that made the rest of the settlement trust me. I still can't buy anything from Prim though....
If you helped the Blackwater Mountain settlement, you won't be able to buy from Prim.
Guess that means I'm going to do all this again and try the other option now! Thanks for making this alpha version available, Oskar!

I think I have one more potential bug to fix:
I when I equip the Shadow of the slayer, I think I should have another 2AP points added to my total AP (to make 12AP). However, when I am fighting, it still says 10AP.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

tek wrote:5. Even after downloading/installing alpha 3 and returning back to blackwater to speak with Harlenn, the quest still cannot continue for me.
When Harlenn says the line "It is, of course, *they* who are ...", your questlog for "Clouded intent" should get a new line containing "I have talked to Harlenn about the ...". When you have this line in the questlog, you can speak to Guthbered again and select "Yes, but Harlenn denies that they have...", which continues the "Clouded intent" quest.

Which part of that does not work on your device?
daveandviv wrote:
I when I equip the Shadow of the slayer, I think I should have another 2AP points added to my total AP (to make 12AP). However, when I am fighting, it still says 10AP.
Thanks, that's a bug. Items affecting max HP has the same bug. This will be fixed in the next alpha. Good find!
Samuel wrote:I also experienced this behaviour. And yes I also unequipped everything else.
I am unable to reproduce the situation where Blackwater misery is not removed when unequipping all items that cause it. I would be interested in seeing a savegame file that has this problem. Can someone post a savegame file that has this? If you don't want other people to get their hands on your savegame, you can email it to me. Thanks in advance!

A new alpha will be out tomorrow.
/Oskar
Antison

Post by Antison »

Here is a new one. I currently equip the flagship pride &have an attack chance of 188%. I just looted the blackwater iron sword that lists at 50% attack chance while the flagship's pride is showing at 21%. But when I equip the blackwater sword my attack chance FALLS to 167%. Something wrong with the math there.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

I Found another bug with the ring of shadow embrace. Equip it and your HP goes up by 20. Now go to the inn in prom and rest. Your hp is back down -20
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

The following is all posted from my experience while playing through version 0.6.9a2 on a Motorola Droid running Android OS 2.2.2 with all the latest updates, in landscape mode, using the D pad.

I had 2 goals that I wanted to accomplish before leaving version 0.6.8. I use a file explorer app that I downloaded from the Android Market. There are a couple of good ones that are even free (with ads). I copied my game save files to a new folder, as I do for each new release before installing it.

I basically started off with checking out the new UI. I observed that the HP & Experience level bars were now shorter, taller, and had larger numbers in them that were easier to read, but yet not centered vertically inside each bar. The XP bar is still a pale yellow, which I was expecting to be a different color to offer more contrast with the white numerals. Perhaps increasing the bars widths would help with centering since space allows it. The treasure chest icon (quick slots) I feel indifferent about as it could be quite useful for grabbing a potion of healing, which I assigned one slot for but never used.

The new setting under Preferences, Scaling Factor, is best left at Normal, as both 1.5X Size & Double Size results in the status bar at the bottom being full screen, but leaves an unnecessarily large black border around the game action window.

When looking at the Overview of your character, you now no longer have the display of your Base stats. Not fond of that.

I've read this topic from the beginning, and have had issues myself with the RolS regeneration effect. At first I didn't think it got implemented yet. It wasn't working, so I checked my inventory and looked at the 3rd ring's specs shown after the icon thinking I'd find the details changed, but didn't. Much later in game play, I actually checked one of the rings I was wearing and noticed Regeneration listsed at bottom. It may have been the next time my HP's dropped that I noticed the cool blue spark of life illuminate within/upon my character followed by the +1 (I never removed & replaced a ring). At the same time, the red cross was visible in the lower right hand corner. The only thing I know for sure is that there was a great delay in regeneration taking effect. I had assumed, as I felt with good reason, that a wearer of 2 RolS would have twice the regeneration benefit as they do with all of the rings other attributes, but read this is not true. Obviously this is a unexpected disappointment to anyone who's worked to acquire 2 RolS & has been eagerly awaiting its new bonus effect. Oddly enough, somewhere between 3 & 4 seconds I regenerate 1 HP until at maximum.

More to follow in 2nd post... :arrow:
One of even fewer...