Alpha test v0.6.9

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Alpha test v0.6.9

Post by Samuel »

oskarwiksten wrote:
Samuel wrote:Could you add an option to switch the language?
This is not something that should be done in the game, but rather an OS thing. Check your Android OS settings, there is a setting in there to change this.
Perhaps you are right, I just tried it and it worked (needs much time until it fully mentions the changed language.)
oskarwiksten wrote:
tek wrote:How does the RoLS regeneration functionality work ? Doesn't seem to be doing anything.
While wearing the ring, you should get a condition called "regeneration" with a red cross in the bottom left corner. While being affected by the regeneration condition, every 6 seconds outside combat, you get a blue swirl and +1hp. At least, that works for me in the emulator. Does that not work on your device?
I was wrong previously It didn't work for me either. You have to unequip and equip the ring to make it work. It works just great.
Needs to be fixed to work for already equipped items.

One bigger thing that needs to improve are the new effects. We need some descriptions.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

I am not seeing this behavior you describe. I am on a droid X.2.2
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

Will the RoLS regeneration work while having 2 of them equipped?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

What about mass item sales & drops. Was I wrong in my expecting of its implementation being in the. 69 release?
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

tek wrote:Oskar,

What about mass item sales & drops. Was I wrong in my expecting of its implementation being in the. 69 release?

I was about to ask this same question.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Alpha2 released today

Bugfix list:

Updated for v0.6.9a2
Corrected actor conditions that are applied when hit by monsters.
Corrected quests that were unsolvable.
Corrected walkable-layers and "above"-layers maps for Blackwater Mountain.

Get it here http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/d ... .6.9a2.apk
Antison

Post by Antison »

After going back and forth from Prim to Blackwater Mountain many times to talk to Guthbered and Harlenn respectively, I cannot proceed with the "Clouded intent" quest and the other quest is no longer listed. The "Clouded intent" quest says
"Guthbered wants me to go up to Blackwater Mountain and ask Harlenn why (or if) they have summoned the Gornaud monsters against Prim". I have done this already, but I tried again after deciding to help Prim, but when I try to talk to Harlenn again he says "You again? I want no business with you. Leave Me."

So being stuck with the "clouded intent", I decided to expore the Kazaul Alter (south of prim). Got to the basement where the guard on the bridge is, but he says and does nothing. Is this a bug
Everywhere I go seems to be buggy or a dead end. I cannot even purchase merchandise at either village.
Last edited by Antison on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
daveandviv

Post by daveandviv »

Been having a lot of fun playing the new version...here are a few observations I had...

I purchased and (temporarily) equipped items from Blackwater Mountain and got the "Blackwater misery." However, when I unequipped all of the items, my blackwater misery did not disappear even after resting. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended to be a permanent thing or something that requires a special cure.

Also, in terms of overall difficulty, my sense is that the wyrms seem to be a bit more difficult than the ~150 experience points they give when defeated. I'm at level 38 after grinding for a few months and there are times when I'm unlucky and get killed by a single wyrm (even a young one). Not sure what others think about this.

Last, I convinced Guthbered in Prim to leave the city, which should be the end of the "Agent and the Beast" quest, but that quest still shows up in my quest list.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Dave,

How were you able to purchase anything? Every merchant in both villages tell me that I must be a resident to buy.
daveandviv

Post by daveandviv »

Hey Tek,

I downloaded alpha version 2 (which let me talk to Guthbered),
went back and forth between Prim and Blackwater Mountain a few times to exchange messages between Harlenn and Guthbered, and ended up convincing Guthbered to leave the town to avoid an all-out war between the two settlements. After he Guthbered left, I returned to Blackwater and Harlenn thanked me, gave me a bunch of stuff, and I guess that made the rest of the settlement trust me. I still can't buy anything from Prim though....
Last edited by sdevaney on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember to use spoilers when giving quest info.