v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test v0.6.9

Discussions of the development process of the game.
kabbie1882

Re: Alpha test v0.6.9

Post by kabbie1882 »

oskarwiksten wrote: I'm thinking we update Android market with this one, since it seems stable enough. I don't want to introduce any larger changes now that we have gone through alpha and beta testing.
I cant wait.

Thanks for all your work Oskar.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

IMO there is one major open thing left: There is no description about the actor conditions anywhere. IMO all actor conditions that are given by items or used by monsters should be transparent. Currently I cannot see something like this.

IMO the rest of it is ready for a release.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Samuel wrote:IMO there is one major open thing left: There is no description about the actor conditions anywhere. IMO all actor conditions that are given by items or used by monsters should be transparent. Currently I cannot see something like this.

IMO the rest of it is ready for a release.
Maybe an info box could come up (like the monster info box) when you click on the icons for the actor conditions that would explain what they do.
ňíğęł ţůfňęłł

Post by ňíğęł ţůfňęłł »

To Oskar and every single person who has dedicated their time to this great game/project,

I would like to start by thanking you all very very much for the hard work and dedication everyone has put into this. It's completely awesome and I believe I am suffering from that new illness others seem to have, Wiksten's Disease, the condition where you trade in your social life for a chance to obtain a RoLS or two!! :D

Also, I was trying to help with the alpha and beta versions but most of the issues I found were already addressed by others so I didn't post anything. I'll keep looking for any errors or other and will post my findings as I know they all help.

I had some general thoughts I'd like to share about the game:

-While I'm ok with the look of the character, some customization would be nice. Also, it may be cool to actually see the items you have equipped on your character (armor and such.) This may be difficult, I simply don't know.

-A transport or portal would be awesome as the map is now pretty big. It takes a while to get from place to place so to be able to at least travel easily to towns would be very cool.

-More little surprises or searchable things, like crates or props in the houses would be nice. I'm thinking of the little searchable basket in the character's main house where I found 3 gold.

-On the comments about the stackable rings or armor, this is a good idea. Being able to bind a ring to armor, or combine rings would make the game that much more customizable. There could even be a Blacksmith or Forgemaster that could forge weapons for you, enabling you to name the weapon for your own use. Just a thought.

-Finally, grinding through hordes of enemies in search of that one or two rare items/weapons is all fine but to keep people occupied between releases, I have a quest suggestion. There could be several (3 or 5) NPC's that, one at a time, have you search for a particular item. For instance, one shop keeper could have you kill 100 or 1000 Gargoyle Trainers and then have you come back to claim a certain item. They could ask you to talk to another keeper to get the second part of the quest, something similar. Then, a thought would be that the 3 or 5 items could then be combined to form a greater weapon or something to that extent (or they're just cool weapons that took a ton of effort to obtain.)

Otherwise, I have NO complaints about the game, the development, or anything else A.Trail. I'm happy to be a part of such a great thing though I'm seeking help for my new illness :mrgreen: and addiction!

Markus

Level: 31, XP: 546173, Gold: 40760, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 60, AC: 170%, Dmg: 20-24, Block: 45% (Armed)