v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test v0.6.9

Discussions of the development process of the game.
kabbie1882

Re: Alpha test v0.6.9

Post by kabbie1882 »

ctnbeh13 wrote:I'd have to be aware of your quest progress to answer your question. I experienced no bugs in that regard, just a long journey to learn what to say to it to get its attention.
I thought there was only ....
What
To say to the Kazual guardian ????
We are talking about the one on the bridge correct ???
Ha Ha, Made you look.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Would you please clarify that last post? :shock:
One of even fewer...
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Would you please clarify that last post? :shock:
Fixed it.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

That's the one I was commenting about, but can't say if that was the one (which I believe there is only one) that was being asked about.
One of even fewer...
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Oskar, I wanted to add some bugs to bring to your attention. I don't specifically go looking for them, but do take note of them when observed for your fine tuning. Many of them may seem trivial to most to read about, but I truly believe that you accept them in the manner that I make mention of them for the sake of refining the details, however small.

I haven't spent much time exploring the new map area from between just outside of Flagstone and coming up from underground on the Prim side. I believe all remaining new map area, I've covered.

Inside the Blackwater settlement; there is a pile of scrap armor on the left outside corner of Waeges weapon's pit that can be walked on/into. A chair next to Harlenn's bodyguard near his bed can be walked into/under.

Outside of Prim; there is what appears to be a sign to the right of the opening at the fence line that divides the outer Elm mine area from the area containing the entrance to the tombs. If it is a sign, it's blank. On the opposite side of the fence from this spot, where the tree line meets the fence line, an inaccessible grass tile sits.

Inside Prim settlement; at the Inn in the NW corner, check out the 3rd bed on the right. A potted plant just to your left upon entering the Inn is solid, while an identical plant just below the 3 burner gas cook top (seeing that made me laugh) is a hologram. The building in the NW corner of Prim has a hanging sign outside that you can stand in front of, unlike the previous buildings on this western line.

That's pretty much it. If I run across anything else, I'll be sure to report it. For now, I'm just going back to play & enjoy Andor's Trail. :)
One of even fewer...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Sarumar wrote:
oskarwiksten wrote:
Sarumar wrote:I try the Prim storyline next (level 20 charter and beta)
Thank you for testing Sarumar. My intention was that the rewards of each possible solution of the quests should be comparable. For example,
Prim quests enable the potions that cause "minor speed", which I personally think would make a great difference in combat ahead.
and Blackwater provide
potions that cause the rage conditions, that when used correctly, could be very useful. Blackwater also provides the items that are tainted by the Blackwater misery curse. Maybe they are useful somehow anyway? :)
Was your impression that the Kazaul shrine quest was too easy? How would you suggest that we increase the difficulty of that quest? Spawning more monsters, or making the existing monsters more difficult to defeat?

Thank you for your comments!
Shrine is off balance, its is much easier than some other area in Blackwater area.
I suggest to make imp more difficult. Maybe really high damage reduction and critical chance and more of them ? The boss is weak too.

Now i play Prim side (starting alpha in level 20 character). Just got the forged papers... Game is well balanced, all the money and loot is going to bonemetal potions.

Aulaeth even the strong one are too easy ( level 21 character beat them easily) I suggest to raise attack and defence a bit

Prim storyline completed. Starting level 20 and after prox 200 bonemetals and meat level 24. I avoid all possible monsters, except aulaeth and all in shrine (theyre too weak). All the bosses are too weak.

Other parts and storyline is great, items are well balanced and game is really hard. I love it

I need to say, i really like the shrine idea - hordes of small demon.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Oskar & Fellow Adventurers:

I wanted to get your feedback on a proposed color combination for the HP & Level bars depicted below. Please forgive their crudeness, as I am currently limited to the capabilities of my smartphone. Also, please try to refrain from outbursts about "Merry Christmas!" if you can.

After seeing the detail of color in the new map areas, I was hoping that some brighter & cheerier ones could be applied to the indicator bars. Perhaps even with a raised, curved, & bevelled glass like effect?

HP: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Level: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Perhaps someone fluent in the language of Oskar's source code could take on the challenge (giving Oskar a well deserved break), & post some examples back here? :)
One of even fewer...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Did I mis something ?
After complited Prim storyline i can buy some lesser status healing potions (poison, etc). After Blackwater storyline I have not this option.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thank you all for alpha and beta testing!
Thank you for finding and reporting the bugs and issues, so that we can correct and improve before releasing to Android market. Your input is very valuable, without you the game would not be as good as it currently is!

I have an update ready with the following changelog:
- Added scrollbar to item info dialog (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Changed the color of the exp bar yet again (thanks Samuel)
- Update HP-bar graphics when player gets "Minor berserker rage" condition (thanks kabbie1882)
- Fixed walkable crosses near "Blackwater Border Patrol" (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Fixed walkable pile of armour near Waeges (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Fixed walkable chair near Harlenn's bodyguard (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Fixed walkable signs on west side of Prim (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Fixed walkable plant in Prim inn (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Changed sign into fence tile outside Elm mine near Prim (thanks ctnbeh13)
- Changed walkable grass tiles outside Elm mine near Prim (thanks ctnbeh13)

I'm thinking we update Android market with this one, since it seems stable enough. I don't want to introduce any larger changes now that we have gone through alpha and beta testing.

Responses to some of your questions:
ctnbeh13 wrote:Considering that I took the approach of sparing the life of the leader of the Blackwater community & took care of the Kazaul issue for them, shouldn't they have developed enough trust on my part to do business with me? Is establishing their trust even achievable?
Not at the moment. Maybe we should have added some dialogue to explain that, but I would really like the player to choose sides here. My intention was that the rewards from choosing either side should be different, but comparable in terms of which one is "best". Getting both rewards should not be an option in this quest. I want to build upon this story further down the road, where choosing sides and outcomes will be a vital part of what will come of it.
ctnbeh13 wrote:I would like to see the return of the Base stats. It would have lessened the confusion created by the former equipped item bug(s) that you've corrected. It also serves as a guide or reference for what attribute I'd like to increase upon gaining a level, while considering the current benefits of my equipped items.
In the future, I would like to add a more detailed breakdown of the combat stats. For example, to show from where the stats come from. ("Your damage potential is 8-19, +6 dmg comes from this here ring, +1 from this condition, and the rest from this weapon you are using") I think that would add a lot to the explanation of how combat stats are calculated as well.
ctnbeh13 wrote:Again, I wish to say thanks for the opportunity to play these releases and participate in your project. I'm sure many others feel the same way, as I've read bug reports as well as suggestions and ideas that you have implemented because of their submissions. :)
Thank you for your kind words ctnbeh13. Thank you for taking the time to post it, and for finding the improvements you have spotted!
/Oskar
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I have questions/issues related to the "active conditions".

When the it says "rounds", what does that mean? Is that fights or turns within a fight? The "speed" condition last a lot longer then 5 fights.

Will there be an armour available that decreases your chance of attracting any/one of the posion affects such as minor fatigue. Or my there will be a new attribute like block chance % added but for these poisions.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"