v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Errors/typoes in english version

Discussions of the development process of the game.
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Errors/typoes in english version

Post by roberto »

Please go to: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/and ... ontent/it/
you can see:
13 Controlli non riusciti: Punto a capo non corrispondente — 68 parole
It means that the "end point" does not match between the original and the translation. I did some checks and it result that the ORIGINAL string in English Language has not the "end point" in the right position. But I cannot change the original test in English. Please who can do, to fix the original text.
Tomcat
VIP

Re: Errors/typoes in english version

Post by Tomcat »

I've never looked at Weblate - that's a very useful feature!

I took a quick look through the 13. Most are simply missing periods at the end - easy to fix. The "1 Gold" etc would look better with the numbers spelled out, in addition to the punctuation fix. We can do those easily.

Two of them are special cases: In "Anything for the glory o....oops" the lone "o" is intended to look like the speaker is stopping in the middle of the word "of", realizing that the phrase "for the glory of X" would be unwelcome in the conversation. (I haven't looked up the context, but I assume X is Feygard). Whether it would look better in Italian as just "d" or the appropriate choice among de, da, etc is your best judgement, and likewise the best translation for "oops" as an exclamation for when you have made a mistake.

In the other, "Hmpf" is an exclamation for when you are disappointed - for example, if
someone has refused what you think was a reasonable request.

Roberto, if you're not already active in the Translator forum, that's a good place to continue the discussion, including the other category you mention, which might point to other fixes to the English that are needed.

I forget if that forum is by invitation only, but if so, that should be a formality for someone who has already done such good work here. Thank you for that!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:56 pm I forget if that forum is by invitation only
Done.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
roberto

Post by roberto »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:56 pm I've never looked at Weblate - that's a very useful feature!

I took a quick look through the 13. Most are simply missing periods at the end - easy to fix. The "1 Gold" etc would look better with the numbers spelled out, in addition to the punctuation fix. We can do those easily.

Two of them are special cases: In "Anything for the glory o....oops" the lone "o" is intended to look like the speaker is stopping in the middle of the word "of", realizing that the phrase "for the glory of X" would be unwelcome in the conversation. (I haven't looked up the context, but I assume X is Feygard). Whether it would look better in Italian as just "d" or the appropriate choice among de, da, etc is your best judgement, and likewise the best translation for "oops" as an exclamation for when you have made a mistake.

In the other, "Hmpf" is an exclamation for when you are disappointed - for example, if
someone has refused what you think was a reasonable request.

Roberto, if you're not already active in the Translator forum, that's a good place to continue the discussion, including the other category you mention, which might point to other fixes to the English that are needed.

I forget if that forum is by invitation only, but if so, that should be a formality for someone who has already done such good work here. Thank you for that!
1. I translated the original sentence "Anything for the glory o... Oops, I mean OK" in "Qualunque cosa per la gloria di... oops, volevo dire: "va bene".
The transation is fine, the problem is that in the original sentence is missed te point after "OK".
2. "Hmpf" is acceptable also in Italian, because it not a "word" but just a "sound from mouth": the matter is that it miss the final point and weblate complain for it. Apparently for weblate ALL sentences should terminate with "."
3. about the translation forum: I am not active in it, i take a tour of some sub-menu" of www.andorstrail.com but i did not find something directly referring to translation: can you please indicate me where i have to go? thank you.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If you go to the board index do you not see "Translation club"?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
roberto

Post by roberto »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:50 pm If you go to the board index do you not see "Translation club"?
Ops! there where it was. Thanks you.