v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Idea] Carn Tower area

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Milo Hiroya
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

[Idea] Carn Tower area

Post by Milo Hiroya »

This area is intended for high level players.
Carn tower was a magic research institute. 30 years ago, something happened that led to the abandonment of the tower. Not much information is known, since its activities were kept secret from ordinary people since the beginning. Nowadays, Carn tower and the road to it is ravaged with strong and mysterious creatures (later, the main character discovered they are failed magical experiments), which hinder even the strongest warriors from approaching the building.

The creatures' attacks are strangely heavy, it feels like they touch the soul of the victim. Near the tower, there is a mist that hinders eyesight and dizzies people's mind.

The tower is incredibly tall and large. From the basement, you can see its crystal ceiling and a giant figure looks like a dragon. On the way to the top, mc comes across a weaponry. They try to pick up a weapon, but it sucks the strength out of them, so mc decides to leave it for now.

Turns out, the magicians who used to be here had summoned a powerful dragon. However, they did not have enough magic power left to control it, which leads to the devastation of the tower and the land around it. The dragon now rules the area.

After defeating the dragon, main character finds a magic book in the loot. Reading the book provides some knowledge about magic, and the main character learns a skill "Magic Flow", which enhances the user's body and attack with some special characteristics. The main character can now pick up the weapons in the weaponry, they are magical instruments that further enhance magic attacks.

About "Magic Flow":
On successful attacks, deal an additional (Skill level * 10)% + (Skill level) damage to your opponent.
On missed attacks, there will be (skill level * 20)% chance the above mentioned additional damage will be activated.

What do you think about this setup for the area's theme?

P/s: - reconsidering the boss since there are already many dragons in AT
- magic may be replaced with something else

Edit: added details on "Magic flow"
Last edited by Milo Hiroya on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Osho

Re: [Idea] Carn Tower area

Post by Osho »

Really good. Please replace dragon with something interesting as a monster. Game already has many dragons. Great concept!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

There is really is no magic in AT. There are potions, artefacts with special properties, but no spells.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Osho wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm Really good. Please replace dragon with something interesting as a monster. Game already has many dragons. Great concept!
I see, thanks
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:34 pm There is really is no magic in AT. There are potions, artefacts with special properties, but no spells.
What about the magician that turns RoLS into RoFLS?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Rorthron is a ring maker, no magician - even if he looks as one.
But the story sounds cool.
And the effect on the weapons could surely be realised without having magic flows through the hero.
(There is/was some strange things one could call magic. E.g. the rings. But no active magic e.g. for attacks)
Nut
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I think it's definitely an idea that can be worked into the game.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

About "Magic Flow":
On successful attacks, deal an additional (Skill level * 10)% + (Skill level) damage to your opponent.
On missed attacks, there will be (skill level * 20)% chance the above mentioned additional damage will be activated.

There's really no magic in this, just "an attack that touches the soul"
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

I automatically sync everything I've worked on here (still little now, won't be so productive, since I'm new, and have works). Please have a look and give me your opinions.
Last edited by Milo Hiroya on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I intended to grab the work you have done, and take a look at it. The URL you provided is no longer valid though. It says "this folder is empty". Perhaps I should have done this sooner, but I have been extremely busy.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 am I intended to grab the work you have done, and take a look at it. The URL you provided is no longer valid though. It says "this folder is empty". Perhaps I should have done this sooner, but I have been extremely busy.
It isn't much, just some beginner's works anyway :lol: I'm getting beaten up by work too...

I'll update the link when I have some time