v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Discussions of the development process of the game.
ejwessel

Re: Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Post by ejwessel »

tek wrote:However, nobody else agrees and I don't want to argue anymore as the code is written already with the "all"button button which gets me 99% of what I wanted but just not with a clean GUI.
Samuel wrote:But how to avoid frustration with this? I think transparency is very important.
I implemented it with just one line, but now I think its conceptional wrong compared with an all button.
I really feel this is user defined rather than defined for any particular reason. I second tek and suggested this earlier, however I agree with Samuel in which it is not intuitive...
My solution: Take a poll. If more people desire the '-' over the 'all' then do it; we can't make everybody happy unfortunately :?
Countvlad54
android_version: 2.2

Post by Countvlad54 »

A solution!!!
Lvl: 22, XP: 203608, Gold: 3601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 55, AC: 142%, AD: 15, AP: 2, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 24%, DR: -

Lvl: 22, XP: 193313, Gold: 7046, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 75, AC: 122%, AD: 12, AP: 3, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 49%, DR: -
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

You still would have to convince Oskar, as he commits all the code.
Perhaps he should be asked in the first place.

Also I don't know if a forum poll would reflect the average Andor's Trail player.
IMO there are more experienced players here.

On the other hand the new "All" button takes away some precious space from the slider:

Code: Select all

[-1][Slider][+1][All]
This code needs to be changed in the incrementValueAndRepeat function:

int newAmount = getTextboxAmount() + countValue;
updateControls(newAmount); 
To:

int newAmount = getTextboxAmount() + countValue;
// only set amount to max on first press on the "-1"-button - will prevent to start at max when holding the button
if(countTime == 0 && newAmount < 1) newAmount = totalAvailableAmount;
updateControls(newAmount); 
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Samuel wrote:You still would have to convince Oskar, as he commits all the code.
Perhaps he should be asked in the first place.
Will do, I'll shoot him and email now. Though I don't think he'll care as long as the players are happy and that possibly we addressed the issue.
Samuel wrote:Also I don't know if a forum poll would reflect the average Andor's Trail player.
IMO there are more experienced players here.
True, but it would generate some ideas as to where some players do lean currently. The statistics of it might be off because the pool of people will and might be small, but none the less we will have something.

I also agree that the "All" button takes up space. It's somewhat ugly IMO
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Actually what if we replaced the -1 and +1 with arrows instead(<, could be and image)? That way people wouldn't correlate numerically, but instead correlate symbols and numbers which might be a little more helpful. Just an idea.

Also I think we should have an image or text describing what we're buying/selling/dropping, for confirmation purposes.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

ejwessel wrote:Actually what if we replaced the -1 and +1 with arrows instead(<, could be and image)? That way people wouldn't correlate numerically, but instead correlate symbols and numbers which might be a little more helpful. Just an idea.

Also I think we should have an image or text describing what we're buying/selling/dropping, for confirmation purposes.
I agree. Good idea.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

my opinion is that the "All" button both satisfies the functionality for the first-time players (it's sufficiently intuitive), and for the experienced players (it's fast to reach the maximum amount).
/Oskar
kendraso

Post by kendraso »

oskarwiksten wrote:my opinion is that the "All" button both satisfies the functionality for the first-time players (it's sufficiently intuitive), and for the experienced players (it's fast to reach the maximum amount).
Tada!
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Great that settles it, we'll leave it as is =D Thanks Oskar