Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Discussions of the development process of the game.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Post by lady black »

OK. Thanks,Oskar. Glad it will be coming along.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
LiL
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by LiL »

make it simple...
this is my solution:
bulkbuy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks for the idea LiL, but this has already been committed with the interface that ejwessel and Samuel did (see above). That interface allows you to either input a number or drag a slider to the correct amount.
/Oskar
qasur

Post by qasur »

oskarwiksten wrote:Thanks for the idea LiL, but this has already been committed with the interface that ejwessel and Samuel did (see above). That interface allows you to either input a number or drag a slider to the correct amount.
Just for reference, but I still stand by that when you're selling an item, it you only have 1 of that item, then it doesn't open up the slider-dialogue. It's just a second press that isn't necessary when you're trying to quickly sell things. I'm sure this could be easily done. Just add a if statement that checks the quantity being sold. If equal to 1, then it just sells, otherwise, it goes into the slider-function.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

qasur wrote:Just for reference, but I still stand by that when you're selling an item, it you only have 1 of that item, then it doesn't open up the slider-dialogue. It's just a second press that isn't necessary when you're trying to quickly sell things. I'm sure this could be easily done. Just add a if statement that checks the quantity being sold. If equal to 1, then it just sells, otherwise, it goes into the slider-function.
Good idea qasur. This was something I considered while coding it, but decided not to add. My hope was that the quantity selection dialog now also could serve as a confirmation dialog if you would happen to misclick another item. Do you think it would work that way? In the case of misclicking a magical or extraordinary item while selling, there would most likely only be one such item in your inventory, and in those cases we really want some kind of confirmation dialog I think.

Otherwise, we could add a separate confiration dialog when selling non-ordinary items. Would that be more intuitive do you think?

Maybe it should be a different behaviour when selling compared to buying? Should buying an item always default to 1 if the merchant only has one (regardless of its price or unique-ness), and selling always show the quantity dialog?

Good ideas (again) qasur. Please continue your insightful comments!
/Oskar
LiL
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by LiL »

:P
1. function Buy:

Code: Select all

if ( Count > 1 ) 
   {
      slider-dialogue.show(); 
   }
   else
   {
       buy the item;
   }
2. function Sell:

Code: Select all

if ( Count == 1 )
    {
        if ( item is a magical or extraordinary )
        {
             confirmation-dialogue.show();             
        }
        else
        {
           sell the item; 
        }
    }
    else
    {
       slider-dialogue.show();
    }

3. about misclicking:

there are several options:
1)Not to clear items(sold by player) until the player left(the current map).

2) place a chest (capacity of 100 items) beside the bed.
Instead of selling or carrying, you can put trophies in the chest.

3) place a NPC at a couter (in a tavern or hotel) to provide safekeeping service.

4. to color items (would be easy to distinguish special items from others)
(refere to titles on buy/sell interface, not icons)
unique items = red
legendary items = orange
for example:

Minor potion of health(1000)
Regular potion of health(10)
Ring of lesser Shadow
meat(200)
Rat tail(100)
Elytharan redeemer
fallstone's pride

Countvlad54
android_version: 2.2

Post by Countvlad54 »

I like #2,3.
Lvl: 22, XP: 203608, Gold: 3601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 55, AC: 142%, AD: 15, AP: 2, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 24%, DR: -

Lvl: 22, XP: 193313, Gold: 7046, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 75, AC: 122%, AD: 12, AP: 3, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 49%, DR: -
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Today I had the priviledge of testing an issue for oskar and got my first exposure to this slider, and let's just say I was disappointed. I have developed many web based ui controls that allow a users to reorder items that allowed the user to move the first item in the list up and it would result in the item to be moved to the bottom of the list.
With that said, why can't when @ 1 and the user clicks the minus button have the quantity shown be the max allowed/available?
I hate having to enter in the total amount I want to sell when that total = quantity available. I just want to click the minus button then click sell.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

tek wrote:Today I had the priviledge of testing an issue for oskar and got my first exposure to this slider, and let's just say I was disappointed. I have developed many web based ui controls that allow a users to reorder items that allowed the user to move the first item in the list up and it would result in the item to be moved to the bottom of the list.
With that said, why can't when @ 1 and the user clicks the minus button have the quantity shown be the max allowed/available?
I hate having to enter in the total amount I want to sell when that total = quantity available. I just want to click the minus button then click sell.
This was found to be unintuitive, back on the first page of this discussion. If others support you on this we'll be inclined to add it of course :D
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

I will look into it.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0