Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Discussions of the development process of the game.
ejwessel

Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Post by ejwessel »

Hello, I'm thinking about working on a layout/design for the drop/buy/sell functionality. I was told the functionality of it was finished, but the interface still need to be created.

Any ideas on what you'd guys like it to look like? I'm open to suggestions.

Here's a visual layout I had in mind...
-the top would show you the number you currently have
-the add and subtraction buttons on the side would increment and decrement the number in the "# of buy/sell/drop" portion
-you'd also be able to click on the "# of buy/sell/drop" portion and manually type in the amount you'd like to sell
-hitting the subtraction button when you're at one of those items would skip to the largest number you have of that item
-when you're finished you'd hit the "sell/buy/drop button"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michischmid2000

Re: Bulk buy/sell/drop interface collaboration

Post by michischmid2000 »

Good idea, but originally the intention was that the players don't have to hit the sell button 50 times to sell 50 items. With your option the players have to click 51 times.

-> only add a "maximun" button ontop of the "+" to switch emediatly to the amount of this type of item! With this way the players just have to make 3 clicks. ;)
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Can't we just long press the item and in the popup window (the one that has the drop item command) have a command called "all"? Being able to say that I want to sell x of my y items is not that important to me as being able to sell/drop all of a particular item.

When would your interface be shown?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I prefer michischmid2000's idea of adding a max but being able to adjust from there. I generally like to keep at least 5-15 of any item I have a lot of because you never know when it might become useful (like the poison gland in v0.6.8).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

ejwessel wrote: -you'd also be able to click on the "# of buy/sell/drop" portion and manually type in the amount you'd like to sell
-hitting the subtraction button when you're at one of those items would skip to the largest number you have of that item
I pitched the idea for manually typing in, would that not be better than having a max and adjusting from there?

Also I pitched the idea that if there are a total of 50 items that could be sold. We'd start them at 1 and if they hit the "-" then it would immediately jump to "50" and then you could sell all 50 right there; the numbers would be in a loop.

Not sure about how the interface would show up just yet.

But another question that I think is becoming more apparent is whether people want more control over the number they want chosen or if they just want to drop/buy/sell all.
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

I would like to have the option to sell/drop a certain number.

I like to carry a few of each object just in case someone I meet along the way wants some. That has been the case at least once that I can remember.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

I think the max button is strongly neccessary. Additionally I would like to have +10 and -10 buttons.

Like this:

Code: Select all

#storage                  maximum
#to buy/sell/drop         +1  +10
Button to buy/sell/drop   -1  -10
If there were an option to manually type in values it would be perfect. :D
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
ejwessel

Post by ejwessel »

Samuel wrote:I think the max button is strongly necessary.
I'm having a hard time understanding why a max button is necessary when one can just hit the negative button once and it takes them to the largest value of the item that is available; repetitive functionality is my main concern. If you could perhaps explain as one other person has suggested it as well. =D

But this is good keep the functionality desired as well as the interface design aspects. I feel that something like this is more user defined than designer designed for ease of use. I'm looking for the experience of the user to be less troublesome.
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

ejwessel wrote:
Samuel wrote:I think the max button is strongly necessary.
I'm having a hard time understanding why a max button is necessary when one can just hit the negative button once and it takes them to the largest value of the item that is available;
Its simply not intuitive. :roll:
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

I just thought a slider would be nice too.
The slider could be dragged for big changes and adjusted by the buttons for small changes.
Sell Example wrote:Sell 7 of 21 meat for 168 gold.
[-1] IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII [+1]
[Sell]
Drop Example wrote:Drop 21 of 21 meat.
[-1] IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII [+1]
[Drop]