v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Looking ahead at v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Looking ahead at v0.6.10

Post by oskarwiksten »

Yay. v0.6.9 released to Android Market. Next version will be v0.6.10, and not v0.7.0 . Hopefully, we can get the dialogue out quickly for the beautiful new "fields" and "Loneford" maps that michi has done.

I'm starting to consider code-changes that we should start working on for the next version. I'm going to have a try at a major restructuring of the asynchronous handling of events and screen redrawing to remove some of the bugs that have popped up with race conditions due to several threads that read and modify the same data. I'm going to get a feel for how a main-loop would feel, and if that's something that we should introduce instead of these asynchronous events.

After that, I'll have a shot at implementing a start of a skill system.

ejwessel started a post about improved shop interface. please give your comments about that if you haven't done so already. My opinion is that the proposal so far looks great.

Again, if anyone wants to help on some part, please let me know!

I will be away on vacation for two weeks, starting next week - so expect delays if you email or PM me :)
/Oskar
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Looking ahead at v0.6.10

Post by mdmedlin »

I can get started on conversations and quests if anyone has any requests just let me know. I am going to get started on a pretty long and involved quest that may intertwine people that players have already talked to. Maybe even cause people to start over to develop new story lines such as turning in the thieves instead of drifting the guard and stuff like that. Pm me your requests or ideas
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer