Frequency of releases

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Frequency of releases

Post by oskarwiksten »

I'm sure that if we can make the releases happen more often, everyone (including me) will be happier. :)

Currently, the activity that by far takes the most time to make a release ready is the mapmaking and writing all dialog for the NPCs, including quests.

How can we make the releases happen more often? What are your ideas about how we can improve this?
/Oskar
ecthelion

Re: Frequency of releases

Post by ecthelion »

I am interested in designing some dungeon and outdoor maps for you. I have perused the section on how to submit. Do you have any suggestions for map content. For example would you want the maps to be related to storyline? Do you need just the basic maps or encounter areas as well?
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

ecthelion wrote:I am interested in designing some dungeon and outdoor maps for you. I have perused the section on how to submit. Do you have any suggestions for map content. For example would you want the maps to be related to storyline? Do you need just the basic maps or encounter areas as well?
Great, you are very welcome to help in making maps. I also made a tutorial today on the basic steps in mapmaking for Andor's Trail. Hopefully that can shed some light on parts that previously were unclear.

Regarding what type of maps that we need; I would say that we need both dungeons, indoor (houses) and road maps. I have a very rough sketch of a worldmap that I use as guideline for the maps I create. This is just a rough sketch, we will probably add more smaller dungeons along the roads, to make it more interesting to travel.

I am working on the maps southeast of Fallhaven, the road to Vilegard and the beginning of the main road. If you want, you could continue the maps to Stoutford or to Sullengard.

Edit: added spoiler tags around the worldmap :-)
/Oskar
Kim

Post by Kim »

World map looks interesting, however Nor city and Feygard look too big.
Looking forward to trolls in the forests and ogres in the mountains. What about flying creatures like griffin and dragons ?

Of all things on the map, I look most forward to is Mount Galmore. I keep thinking of the sequence of the dwarf city in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
Jfaulk

Post by Jfaulk »

any time table you can predict we will have the new update oskar? :mrgreen:
CaptainDoug

Post by CaptainDoug »

It's so hard not to ask.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

Finally, the World Map!!

I am wanting to make some maps, this will help me see where to put what.

***Oscar! add some blue on there for ocean and rivers! Super Important to know where those are!***
AND/OR's ...
michischmid2000

Post by michischmid2000 »

Hi everyone!
Ähm, i'm alredy working on some maps for andors trail....
For more information take a look at:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... id=167#c14
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

oscar what maps do you want me to work on?
AND/OR's ...
Jfaulk

Post by Jfaulk »

oskarwiksten wrote:
ecthelion wrote:I am interested in designing some dungeon and outdoor maps for you. I have perused the section on how to submit. Do you have any suggestions for map content. For example would you want the maps to be related to storyline? Do you need just the basic maps or encounter areas as well?
Great, you are very welcome to help in making maps. I also made a tutorial today on the basic steps in mapmaking for Andor's Trail. Hopefully that can shed some light on parts that previously were unclear.

Regarding what type of maps that we need; I would say that we need both dungeons, indoor (houses) and road maps. I have a very rough sketch of a worldmap that I use as guideline for the maps I create. This is just a rough sketch, we will probably add more smaller dungeons along the roads, to make it more interesting to travel.

I am working on the maps southeast of Fallhaven, the road to Vilegard and the beginning of the main road. If you want, you could continue the maps to Stoutford or to Sullengard.

Edit: added spoiler tags around the worldmap :-)
how much of that map do you have completed? only the squared parts? or do you have rough make ups of the other areas?