Rebalancing the item prices - base market cost

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Rebalancing the item prices - base market cost

Post by Mino »

The quick strike dagger doesn't have -AC, it has 20% AC, its the BC that is -20% in exchange.

I don't think any weapon should have -AC (or -AD either, just to be clear) because it wouldn't really make sense. If the idea is to have later boss drop weapons be better, I would suggest dropping the attack cost on the Shadow of the slayer down to 5, but that might make it too powerful.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
kendraso

Post by kendraso »

I'm not talking about making a new venomous dagger, but merely relocating where it drops from to a farther in dungeon on that boss, therefore making more sense of the stats, and then putting something different in place of where it used to drop, something more level appropriate. I only pose this option as a way not keep those who have it already happy, and still rebalance the system in the process. Cause I understand the dagger was originally meant to show off the crit system, which works quite well, but I still think that changing its stats to something less overall is a bit hurtful to those who currently have it and like myself may have gotten rid of other items because we were happy to use that dagger. If its for the sake of rebalancing the game, then I suppose there's not much that cab be done, and I shall find another weapon to use, and remember fondly of my time well spent with the old venomous dagger....I feel old now lol
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Yeah, I was trying to see it from the point of view if I had kept the venomous dagger, that I would probably also not want the stats changed.

But with the new skill system that is going to get added, any weapon with critical hit can be enhanced with the higher hit chance and hit multiplier skills. And with the skill to reduce attack cost, the Shadow of the slayer can become more practical to use.

I was suggesting to make that weapon a little more powerful since its a drop from the boss of the Kazul quest, which first requires completing a few other quests (getting to Prim from the passage, choosing a side with either Prim or BWM and completing that quest, finding all the papers) all of which require a few trips back and forth between Prim and BWM. So the difficulty level should make it a "high level" weapon. But as I said, with the skill point system coming up, making it more powerful than it is in the current version might be too much.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

I don't like that you are claiming instead of suggesting. (At least to me it looks like this - Sorry if you were suggesting only)
This is a work in progress and things have to be tweaked. Surely the tweaks should not change / remove too much, but to me the changes Oskar announced sound very reasonable.

I don't know how Oskar will decide. If you share his point of view or not, always keep in mind: He creates most of the content you love.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Samuel wrote: This is a work in progress and things have to be tweaked. Surely the tweaks should not change / remove too much, but to me the changes Oskar announced sound very reasonable.

I don't know how Oskar will decide. If you share his point of view or not, always keep in mind: He creates most of the content you love.
I think anyone who has the current venomous dagger and is worried about the stats being nerfed should also keep in mind that the skill point system is supposed to be included in the next update, and will allow you to boost any weapon with critical chance, as well as increase your available AP. So the "new" venomous dagger will still be pretty good, as well as Flagstone's Pride and Shadow of the slayer.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
kendraso

Post by kendraso »

Samuel wrote:I don't like that you are claiming instead of suggesting. (At least to me it looks like this - Sorry if you were suggesting only)
This is a work in progress and things have to be tweaked. Surely the tweaks should not change / remove too much, but to me the changes Oskar announced sound very reasonable.

Most certainly not claiming, was merely offering an alternative to look at. I tend to make my posts right before bed, so they aren't always coherent or worded properly to avoid any misinterpretations. I love the content, be sure of that, but like I said, was only offering another viewpoint for Oskar to consider, rather than being forced into a decision, as well as I'm sure some players would agree with my option, thus giving some insight into how some of us feel about any changes or additions. None of my posts are meant to be mean, rude or offensive, just putting up my opinion so that it is known is all I try and do.
issac888

Post by issac888 »

Oskar, just reading this topic, if the quick dagger is not on the person but drop into a place can the system you suggest pick it up, just thinking of way that the system can be adjusted

Wanted to highlight this point
Level: 75, XP:7715779 , Gold: 538730
HP: 80, AC: 159%, AD: 36-40 AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 130%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 rocks 3550,weak poison 272
Asagoth76

Post by Asagoth76 »

I am no real technical guy, but could it be considered to add a line that would basically tag an item with its version, and keep the set prices for these items? Just my 2 cp but I have played other games where newer versions came out with new prices etc and the solution for a money cheat was to always tag items that were bought in an older version, no gain would come out of stocking up on any particular item to sell it. However I see no real way of fixing this problem due to people stocking up on potions etc before the update goes live.

Asagoth
Level 18,
HP 45
ACst 3
AChn 116%
ADam 20-25
CHCh 10%
CM 2
BChn 48%
small rocks 48, Bonemeal potions 141, meat 15, regular potions of health 60
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

I don't see what the big worry is all about. Sure if this was an online multiplayer game then having players exploit the change in item prices between updates could devastate the games economy, but this is a single player game that's not even complete yet. So what if a few players take advantage of the opportunity and make a few 100k extra gold? What are they going to do with it? I haven't exploited anything and I already have far more gold than I need. There's nothing to do with it. The only thing I've bought in the past 50 levels are bonemeal potions.
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I think the latest of Oskar's proposal against the "refund exploit" were just fine, as long as the player is warned by the game about what had happened. Giving them choice to be ripped of items OR gold could be fine too. Not every one stacks up items for the same reason (whatever might be the reason to stack up 10 identical swords).
As for the venomous dagger, being one of the early solder, I think my word is of little value (come on, make it buyable ! :lol: )
I reckon selling that dagger for 12 was a bad move, but seeing it was only worth that much only confirmed me into wrongfully thinking it was a shitty weapon.

One thing, however, that could be nice for new players (or at least those that don't come to this forum) would be to give a little visual hint on the object's rank. Like make the inventory/loot label yellow for unique items, orange for extraordinary, and red for legendary. A label saying "This item is unique" in the info popup would be overkill though.

+1 on the "keep bonemeals cheap", at least for scenaristic reasons. :ugeek:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2