maps ready!

Discussions of the development process of the game.
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

maps ready!

Post by moe »

Hey i was makinng some maps and i am still developing... where can i post my maps so you could look over them and tell me what to changeor if i should continue.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: maps ready!

Post by sdevaney »

Attach them right here on the forums. There is an option to do so when you post. That way the whole community can lend an eye. (At least everyone who has Tiled)
moe

Post by moe »

ok so here they are
hope you will like it
i am building a huge city right know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moe

Post by moe »

Here are some more!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qasur

Post by qasur »

I could not open your first set of maps in Tiled.
moe

Post by moe »

anybody else who couldnt open them?
i hope you can open them now qasur!
moe

Post by moe »

and the rest
moe

Post by moe »

and here ia a idear of a mage city let me know what you think about all of the maps i am trying to build a big city just with the size of the template so it will be 9 and 4 gate maps
qasur

Post by qasur »

I figured out the problem -- it wasn't the .rar or .zip extension, it's the location you need to put it in relation to the Tile Files (I had to make a folder for them in "res" so it could find them one folder up in "drawable").

As for the maps, they're looking good, but they need a bit of work before they're ready to go. I would say that there are bunch of errors where you didn't place objects "above" where they should be. I think any object that a character can "walk behind" on the maps is supposed to be on the "above" layer. I may be wrong, but I think each spawn area needs a unique name, like "monster_1", "monster_2", and so forth. On a couple of maps, you haven't even done the "walkable" layer yet. Also, I would check all of the tiles for the correct ones. For instance, I'm looking at "down_cave.tmx", and the tops of the walls are the same tile, but it's wrong. It's the top-edge tile you used, so it leaves a dark line at the top of it (looks like horizontal lines running across). There is a tile that has no edge in that matching set. Also, at the top of that map, you didn't finish the pillar in the center, you only have the two fronts. Also, where the walls meet the ceiling, I'd check again for the correct edge-version of that tile-set. Some don't have a matching down-edge.

Sorry if it seems nit-picking, but I know that it's easier for Oskar to incorporate the maps if they're tip-top.

You've done an excellent job on many of your ground blends, and I'm jealous enough to steal your creativity! :) I've got a map-set coming together right now as well, and I'll post it later once it's all complete. A small town with an accompanying dungeon.
moe

Post by moe »

thanks for the feedback! eaven though i didnt understand everything you meant. maybe my english is too bad or it is that i dont know too much about the programming...
and yes feel free to use, improf, change or "steal" the maps i could also write a littlebit about the quests i was thinking about.
which you also could feel free to the same.