music / soundtrack

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

music / soundtrack

Post by nezkeys79 »

Hey Oskar I am pianist / composer / arranger. Would you be interested in some town, dungeon, and battle themes? Maybe other musicians can collaborate with me on this too?

Naturally there will be people here who will say they prefer the sound of silence but they can always turn the volume down on their phone, or you could add an in game volume setting lol
kabbie1882

Re: music / soundtrack

Post by kabbie1882 »

nezkeys79 wrote:Hey Oskar I am pianist / composer / arranger. Would you be interested in some town, dungeon, and battle themes? Maybe other musicians can collaborate with me on this too?

Naturally there will be people here who will say they prefer the sound of silence but they can always turn the volume down on their phone, or you could add an in game volume setting lol

This has been discussed in other threads. I think it has come down to app size. If they add music to the app file, it increases the size of the app. If the app is to big, some devices can not download the app. This may not be the only reason for not having music but I know it has been discussed as one of the reasons.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

I think a viable solution is a optional package that has to be downloaded manually and placed on the SD-card.

The additional code to check for the sound files and them play them shouldn't be so large. It's more a matter of finding someone to write the code.

Personally, I prefer to play without sound though.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Johan wrote:I think a viable solution is a optional package that has to be downloaded manually and placed on the SD-card.

The additional code to check for the sound files and them play them shouldn't be so large. It's more a matter of finding someone to write the code.

Personally, I prefer to play without sound though.
+1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I personally wouldn't play with it on but I welcome anyone who is willing to help contribute their talents (whatever they may be) to the project.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

thank you sdevaney