Voices

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Voices

Post by nezkeys79 »

I know this is a lot of hard work but one thing I love in rpgs games is voice acting. Makes me feel more about the characters and npcs. Makes the game seem more realistic in my opinion. A lot of developers these days are so lazy about this feature because of the work involved and that is sad.
kabbie1882

Re: Voices

Post by kabbie1882 »

nezkeys79 wrote:I know this is a lot of hard work but one thing I love in rpgs games is voice acting. Makes me feel more about the characters and npcs. Makes the game seem more realistic in my opinion. A lot of developers these days are so lazy about this feature because of the work involved and that is sad.
It may not be that they are lazy and by saying that you are assuming you know the developers reason for not adding voice. Please read my reply to your post about music/sound track. Adding sounds, voices and music adds a lot of programing and size to the app. Not all devices have enough space for large apps.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I was actually referring to many rpgs on consoles and handhelds like ds and psp. No excuse its the 21st century for gods sake
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

Also I've never seen a game that voices the name you select at start of an rpg. It ways goes silent when the name is being spoken by a party member in a cutscene. Sure its a lot of work timewise but its a simple task they just can't be arsed. Also most only voice fmvs and cutscenes and just have regular text boxes for regular npcs. Again laziness. These features to me would enhance the experience loads. I don't imagine a fantasy world of mutes
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

You calling the game developers lazy is not going to gain you friends in this forum.

Consider this a warning to refrain from such behavior in the future or you can and will be banned.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I'm talking generally and nothing i have said in the last few posts has bashed the developers of this game personally. I have sent positive feedback on the market and always said this game is really good. You need to chill out I'm just trying to give constructive criticism but you seem to be misunderstanding that
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

I know I am getting hooked on flame bait here but ....
I know this is a lot of hard work but one thing I love in rpgs games is voice acting. Makes me feel more about the characters and npcs. Makes the game seem more realistic in my opinion. A lot of developers these days are so lazy about this feature because of the work involved and that is sad.
Also I've never seen a game that voices the name you select at start of an rpg. It ways goes silent when the name is being spoken by a party member in a cut scene. Sure its a lot of work time wise but its a simple task they just can't be arsed. Also most only voice fmvs and cut scenes and just have regular text boxes for regular npcs. Again laziness. These features to me would enhance the experience loads. I don't imagine a fantasy world of mutes
I highlighted where you called game developers (on a game developer forum) lazy.
I'm talking generally and nothing i have said in the last few posts has bashed the developers of this game personally. I have sent positive feedback on the market and always said this game is really good. You need to chill out I'm just trying to give constructive criticism but you seem to be misunderstanding that
I understand that you are trying to state your opinion and that is fine. I do take exception to the fact of calling developers lazy because they didn't add a feature that YOU like. Let us move on from this and get back to the original question.

Now to answer the original question....

One of the reasons that there is no music, voice or sound effects is space. If you add to much stuff to your app, the app gets to big and some people can not down load it to their devices. It would also slow the development down considerably. There are, I think, less than 5 people working on this game. They do it in their spare time, when they don't have other commitments.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

You still have misunderstood me. I never made anything personal about Oskar and his team, but you assumed i did. I was simply stating fact that some developers in the general videogame world are lazy and they rush things. I never presumed Oskar and his team are lazy just that others are.

Personally I think you are being very pedantic copying out my posts especially when you actually totally misunderstood who i was aiming my comments at
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

well this is the only phone app/game I have played without music, or sound effects. Gailardia 2 has about 7 short MIDI tracks and that app isn't big.

I even offered to help with this if they liked the idea. Right now its just your opinion because Oskar hasn't replied. 5 people sure could do with a bit of help in my opinion. I've even been trading the map maker tutorial so I can offer new maps and quests. I work part time but I just spent the last 4 hours compiling a bestiary that Oskar may not even want to implement
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------