v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

terrains

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

terrains

Post by nezkeys79 »

What are your thoughts on varying terrains. For example have rivers and seas which you cam free roam like land. canoe for rivers then eventually you get a ship. Or you could just pay an npc a fee and you are taken there. This could ne used on land too. Maybe coachmen to transport to and from cities

Now for the actual map terrain they ate all the same just grass and trees what about swamps, ice, fire, volcanos, desert etc etc. Maybe the desert could have reduced visibility due to sandstorm. Maybe the swamp could make your movement slower. And icy areas slippery of course lol. Obviously stepping on tiles with fire / lava patches would harm you but maybe you can get armours with bonuses that deal with these things like heatproof or wellingtons, or sand shield. Etc etc
kabbie1882

Re: terrains

Post by kabbie1882 »

nezkeys79 wrote:What are your thoughts on varying terrains. For example have rivers and seas which you cam free roam like land. canoe for rivers then eventually you get a ship. Or you could just pay an npc a fee and you are taken there. This could ne used on land too. Maybe coachmen to transport to and from cities

Now for the actual map terrain they ate all the same just grass and trees what about swamps, ice, fire, volcanos, desert etc etc. Maybe the desert could have reduced visibility due to sandstorm. Maybe the swamp could make your movement slower. And icy areas slippery of course lol. Obviously stepping on tiles with fire / lava patches would harm you but maybe you can get armours with bonuses that deal with these things like heatproof or wellingtons, or sand shield. Etc etc
There are many different types of terrain already in the game. There is mountains, caves, catacombs, ice, towns, mines forest and large buildings to explore. Future updates may bring even more terrain.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Kabbie, since you brought up the mine is there any way to get into the prim mine as of yet?
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Minos027 wrote:Kabbie, since you brought up the mine is there any way to get into the prim mine as of yet?
NO not yet, not sure when they plan to "open" that up. I know it has been asked before, I just don't remember.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Ok, I was just wondering... I did try searching for an answer but apparently prim and mine are well used words around here lol
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
michischmid2000

Post by michischmid2000 »

hi,
and no there is no way to enter that mine at the moment...
it is a place to leave open space for an "addon" when andors trail is completely finnished ;)
the same can be discovered in a corner of the waterway maps wich will be uploaded in the next release. but there is a tree that could give you a hint of what takes place behind the barricade ;)
/Michi... can be found at STEAM!