shop issues

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

shop issues

Post by nezkeys79 »

1. When viewing the info of an item show what effect it will have should you equip via a colour scheme. Eg green for positive effect and red for negative effect

2. Once you have bought a piece of equipment ask to equip. Or you could put something in settings like "never ask(oldschool)", "always ask", "auto-equip"

3. When viewing world map if you touch a town it tells you its name and what it had there, and what they sell. Although not necessary maybe you could have basic town maps too, and maybe an npc who sells dungeon maps

4. Quest where you can build your own city, or rebuild a damaged one. It starts out as just a hut on a blank canvas lol. Eventually you could collect meat to give to the butcher in your town who would turn them into cooked meats etc. Or you give gems to the jeweller to make ultimate necklaces. And animal hairs and insect shells and other monster materials would go into creating ultimate armour. The empty vials could have something to do with potion making. temporary effect potions that last for varying amounts like potion of poison immunity, potion of increased block, strong potion of increased attack chance. Maybe have extremely rare potion drops from higher level monsters which permanently increase the said stats. Eg HP up potion

5. Party option for limited quests? Fight with a thief and magician?

6. Some way of getting other players to communicate. I appreciate you may not want it turning into a MORPG but its always nice to have some interaction with other real players on any game
kabbie1882

Re: shop issues

Post by kabbie1882 »

1. When viewing the info of an item show what effect it will have should you equip via a colour scheme. Eg green for positive effect and red for negative effect
This is already being discussed.
2. Once you have bought a piece of equipment ask to equip. Or you could put something in settings like "never ask(oldschool)", "always ask", "auto-equip"
All you have to do is click the item and it will ask you if you want to equip. Very simple and easy for translating and for younger users.
3. When viewing world map if you touch a town it tells you its name and what it had there, and what they sell. Although not necessary maybe you could have basic town maps too, and maybe an npc who sells dungeon maps
As of right now there is not a "world map". If and when there is ever a "world map" the names of the towns should be on there. Not sure it would be a good idea to list what each shop has.
4. Quest where you can build your own city, or rebuild a damaged one. It starts out as just a hut on a blank canvas lol. Eventually you could collect meat to give to the butcher in your town who would turn them into cooked meats etc. Or you give gems to the jeweller to make ultimate necklaces. And animal hairs and insect shells and other monster materials would go into creating ultimate armour. The empty vials could have something to do with potion making. temporary effect potions that last for varying amounts like potion of poison immunity, potion of increased block, strong potion of increased attack chance. Maybe have extremely rare potion drops from higher level monsters which permanently increase the said stats. Eg HP up potion
Some of these ideas have already been discussed and may or may not be included in future updates.
5. Party option for limited quests? Fight with a thief and magician?
The multi player idea has been discussed a few times.
You do have the choice to fight a thief or magician in one of the quest.
6. Some way of getting other players to communicate. I appreciate you may not want it turning into a MORPG but its always nice to have some interaction with other real players on any game
I think this is what the forums are for. I personaly do not want a "chat" function taking up app space or screen space. When I play that is all I want to do, just play. I can talk to other players here.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Kabbie... agreed 98%... although I thick a "chat" option would be cool. Kinda like runescape maybe? Or possibly something that operates thru text for when you aren't near a good internet source? Just my two cents.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

When I said communicate I wasn't just limiting that to chat. Maybe quests with other players, or battle with others, or trading with others. I know this isn't really necessary and Its not one of my main points just putting some ideas out there
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

I'm ok with the trading idea not sure how it would get accomplished though... I'm not at all good in programming but maybe somebody sold their V dagger and wants to buy one? Might work out... perhaps they sold flagstones pride, again, might work out. My only problem would be the processing power of the machines most of us are on, they simply won't handle a huge connection like a bunch of people in a group at a given "trading post" if you will.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.