v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Character Select

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Character Select

Post by nezkeys79 »

I'm too far into the game to take advantage of this idea.

Race (white black or brown skin tone)
Hair (black, brown, blonde, red, grey, blue, bald, etc)
Hairstyles (mohican, flat top etc)
Gender (male female)
Age (man, boy, woman, girl)
Clothing (personally I like it when games change the characters look based on what the equips look like but if this is too much hassle just have a few varying shirt+trousers colours for male, and bustier+skirt course for woman

Secondly maybe have starting stats slightly different based on race and gender selection. Maybe females could start with higher BC, and males higher AD etc.

Or why don't you just give players the option to add a bonus points at start into stat of choosing (like morrowind). Eg a warrior could put the points into AD or AC, or a mixture of both, and a mage hp etc. Maybe have 6 points to distribute at start. The point is it gives the player a bit of freedom to decide how they want to start off. This would be better if you made thief and magician with skills only they can utilise etc
kabbie1882

Re: Character Select

Post by kabbie1882 »

There are already a couple threads about this subject.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

Do they mention all the points I listed though? Or don't you know? I am presuming you just read the topic title
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

nezkeys79 wrote:Do they mention all the points I listed though? Or don't you know? I am presuming you just read the topic title

I know but I am leaving it up to you to search the forum for yourself.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

You should search the forum before posting a new topic to see if the topic you want to cover has been posted about before and add it to that thread.