v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

whispers at the corner table

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: whispers in the corner table

Post by Sarumar »

Fellow adventurers,
I would like to learn something uncommon about your home country/city and cultural way of thinking, etc. Im interest all uncommon inyresting, funny, weird, sad, happy, etc thinks.

Here is something about Finland:
Common:
Finland had just the presidential election. The new president of Finland is a major party candidate Sauli Niinistö. In final round he received 62.6% of the votes vs Pekka Haavisto 37.4%.
Uncommon:
Green Party candidate Pekka Haavisto, is openly gay living with another man. In in the capital city he reseived 49.8% of the votes.

Read more about Finland:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

good one Sarumar :P

well,here I start about India:

well,India is known for its diversity in languages,cultures,food,dances and what not.

Uncommon and good: though containing more than 1.2 billion people speaking more than 4000 languages,we still are close to each other and celebrate our festivals with great joy.You can't say that our main culture is hindu,islam,christianity etc but our culture is a merger of all the good aspects of every culture :)

bad: well,only bad thing here is the dirty politics played here.According to reports there is so much black money in Swiss bank of our politicians that all our citizens can get free food for 60 years .I only wish that this black money can be brought back where it belongs

there's lot to say but I can't express it in my words lol

btw one warning : Don't mess with a die-hard cricket fans because we are really biggest fans of our Indian cricket team.It is also said that cricket is our another religion too :P :D

EDIT: just forgot to say that here we don't have much nature's beauty but don't forget the wonderful historical places and buildings :) :lol: :P :o :) :D
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Sorry i cannot quote, too long post for my phone :)

I travel a lot but i havent never been in India. Im curious can you please tell me something about the cows.
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

Sarumar wrote:Sorry i cannot quote, too long post for my phone :)

I travel a lot but i havent never been in India. Im curious can you please tell me something about the cows.
well,we consider cows as our mother and killing them is a punishable crime too :)
nowadays in big cities they aren't seen much because they are sent to villages as its better for them to eat grass there instead of roaming in cities and eating waste :P

If you go in a village here,you can find cows in every house and people drink milk given by her(no need of buying :P).

you should visit here.It's quite a different experience : :D ;)
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0

Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Another piece of uncommon information about Finland.

Common:
In Finland there are lots of wild animals like bears, wolfs, deers, etc

Uncommon:
Capital paid hunters to kill game in Central Park. You cannot use firearms, traps or poisons only bows are allowed. And you can only hunt the most feared animal - the rabbit :)
Sarumar

lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

This is all very interesting. Thank both of you for the information about your very different countries. I imagine that the rabbits, being rabbits, had overpopulated the park and there were no predators in your capital city to keep them in check. The hungry rabbits would eat the bark of all the trees and shrubs in the long winter, killing at least some of them. And eating all the shoots of non-woody plants as soon as them come up in spring. Rabbits can be very hard on plants in a garden or a park. I am glad they allowed only bow-hunting against them. That way there should be little or no accidental killing of dogs, cats, children and other non-target species. It makes a funny story but it also makes a great deal of sense. Between that and an openly gay presidential candidate (to say nothing of his getting almost 40% of the votes) I think Finland would be a very good place to live. I doubt that an openly gay candidate could actually get on the ballot for dogcatcher anywhere in the US, much less any national office.
I can't think of any little-known facts about the US. Unfortunately, everything that happens here seems to become international news immediately.
Commonly known: some Republican politicians made a big fuss about whether Pres. Obama was really born in Hawaii or not until his birth certificate was finally made public.
Not commonly known: it does not matter where he was born; because his mother was an American citizen, he is a natural-born American citizen, which is the requirement set forth in our Constitution.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

-=from the highscore thread=-
Mino wrote: Or maybe finally get back to reading the books on my Kindle App... :geek:
whatcha readin? :D

just finished Law of Nines: T. Goodkind...
will be waiting ages for a sequel :shock:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Mostly, I have a bunch of free public domain books.

I'm about 70% through Twenty Thousan Leagues under the Sea.
I also downloaded A Princess of Mars, after the John Carter movie (trailers, haven't seen the movie) made me curious.
The last book I finished reading (and paid for) was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (also to be a movie this summer).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I am so glad to see that you younger men are talking about reading. I have a nagging fear that electronic media, including games like our beloved AT, are replacing reading. I attended a meeting a few evenings ago that was held in a high school library. The school had murals in the library with quotations about reading and I was really struck by one from Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 491 and many other science fiction books: You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. :evil: :cry: :!: (491°F is the ignition temperature of paper.)
So all of you: do not stop reading and let electronic media take over your lives. Never been a reader? Start reading--it opens the entire world to you! Don't help destroy your culture!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

lady black wrote:I am so glad to see that you younger men are talking about reading. I have a nagging fear that electronic media, including games like our beloved AT, are replacing reading. I attended a meeting a few evenings ago that was held in a high school library. The school had murals in the library with quotations about reading and I was really struck by one from Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 491 and many other science fiction books: You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. :evil: :cry: :!: (491°F is the ignition temperature of paper.)
So all of you: do not stop reading and let electronic media take over your lives. Never been a reader? Start reading--it opens the entire world to you! Don't help destroy your culture!

I love reading but i like more of science fiction,fantasy and mystery (sherlock holmes,twilight and harry potter etcc).
also guys checkout wattpad app on market(aka google play).
Awesome stories written by users :)
Logic: