v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Background on Andor and Beware of the Shadow!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Diomedes
android_version: 2.2

Background on Andor and Beware of the Shadow!

Post by Diomedes »

After dad was killed by a large cave rat in the town supply cave, it was just mom, Andor and I. Without dad to help feed and take care of us, we fell on some pretty hard times. We were lucky though. Many of the men from the village would come and keep mom company at night so she wouldn’t be too lonely. They would also give her a little money or food after the visit. Sometimes, they would bring something for Andor and me. It was nice of them to help us out. It really does take a village to raise a child! :D

We were not allowed to come and meet the company. Andor became angry at the men and at mom. I told him we were lucky to have them help take care of us and he said that I was being a stupid young boy. :x

One night, when my mom and the dwarfish blacksmith were visiting, I heard my mom say that Andor had been hanging out with the wrong crowd. She also said he was starting to follow the shadow. It was just after that conversation Andor disappeared. :?

From what I have seen so far about the shadow, I don’t like it. The weapons and stuff are cool, but the followers seem a bit evil. I met one in the gargoyle caves and another in the caves of Iqhan. They were not nice people. :twisted:

Bonemeal potions heal well, but they taste like the chalk teacher would make me eat after I repeated words I overheard mom and her company say. I like the healing potions. They taste like the cherry flavored candy mom’s visitors would sometimes bring for me! :D
HP: 97, AC: 232%, AD: 25-32, AP: 4, CC: 79%, CM: 3.0, BC: 101%, DR: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Background on Andor and Beware of the Shadow!

Post by Pyrizzle »

[moved to the approprite forum]
Great post! Welcome to the Forums!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Background on Andor and Beware of the Shadow!

Post by nyktos »

well met traveler!
good to have you...

my thoughts on The Shadow?
im not sure if it's good or evil,
it might even be considered neutral...

and to me, i had a feeling that Gargoyle Shadow was at odds,
or at least separate from The Shadow that we are given the choice to "support"

personally, i like the idea of playing a character in a theif guild
that worships a neutral god, that acts a bit chaotic @ times

just some thoughts...
take care & good luck adventurers