Anyone Wondered about this??

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Anyone Wondered about this??

Post by lady black »

Hmmm. From the replies, which I also enjoyed reading, I think nobody caught my double reference in "Only the Shadow knows". I told you I'm the oldest one here. Anybody ever heard of an old radio program called The Shadow? Not sure when it was on--30's, 40's? I have heard some episodes rebroadcast on nostalgia programs, if I was alive when they were originally broadcast, I was too young to listen to such scary stuff. The show's opening went like this:
Announcer: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? (Possibly another line or two.)
The Shadow: *short, sinister laugh*
Announcer : Only The Shadow knows!
The Shadow: *longer, more sinister laugh*
I thought that made a great reference for this game, where Shadow-worship is one of the major religions.
Yes, I am old enough that I pre-date TV! The first TV set I ever saw, which belonged to my aunt and uncle, had a round screen, about 5-6 inches in diameter, and we went to see it a day or two after they got it. (I was not impressed. It was nice to be able to see radio, but it was so small it was very hard to actually see.)
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

lady black wrote:Hmmm. From the replies, which I also enjoyed reading, I think nobody caught my double reference in "Only the Shadow knows". I told you I'm the oldest one here. Anybody ever heard of an old radio program called The Shadow? Not sure when it was on--30's, 40's? I have heard some episodes rebroadcast on nostalgia programs, if I was alive when they were originally broadcast, I was too young to listen to such scary stuff. The show's opening went like this:
Announcer: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? (Possibly another line or two.)
I thought that made a great reference for this game, where Shadow-worship is one of the major religions.
Yes, I am old enough that I pre-date TV! The first TV set I ever saw, which belonged to my aunt and uncle, had a round screen, about 5-6 inches in diameter, and we went to see it a day or two after they got it. (I was not impressed. It was nice to be able to see radio, but it was so small it was very hard to actually see.)
Great movie staring Alec Baldwin.
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

lady black wrote:Hmmm. From the replies, which I also enjoyed reading, I think nobody caught my double reference in "Only the Shadow knows". I told you I'm the oldest one here. Anybody ever heard of an old radio program called The Shadow? Not sure when it was on--30's, 40's? I have heard some episodes rebroadcast on nostalgia programs, if I was alive when they were originally broadcast, I was too young to listen to such scary stuff. The show's opening went like this:

I come from a different region from all of u(asia).
so i guess i wouldnt know abt it.
:P :D

PS: its good to see people of all ages playing this game :P :)
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Bornain wrote:Yes, I have commented on that creature before. I always thought it looked like it was from the movie, "Big Trouble in little China". I can't wait to challenge it.
Ah ha ha ha. I was just looking at that today and thought the exact same thing. That movie totally rules. The 3 storms own.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I absolutely did catch that reference (I just wasn't on this thread when you posted that). My Grandpa used to quote it, but he would change it to, "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow Do!" I'm not old enough to pre-date TV, but I pre-date VCRs at least. My mom used to tape her "story" (Days of Our Lives) on her TV Tuner Radio and listen to it when she was getting ready for work...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+