It's getting cold outside...

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: It's getting cold outside...

Post by lady black »

I much prefer to stay indoors where it is warm, but I can remember enjoying sledding, snowball fights, and puddles by the curb with just that first, thin skin of ice on the top that was such fun to stomp on and break. With age comes wisdom.

Nice fires, Pyrizzle. I can almost feel the heat! But I kind of miss the Smurf with the huge match. I thought he was a lot of fun.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:I much prefer to stay indoors where it is warm, but I can remember enjoying sledding, snowball fights, and puddles by the curb with just that first, thin skin of ice on the top that was such fun to stomp on and break. With age comes wisdom.

Nice fires, Pyrizzle. I can almost feel the heat! But I kind of miss the Smurf with the huge match. I thought he was a lot of fun.
The "smurf" can be found in the beastiary under v0.6.10 in quest related creatures. I always thought he looked like a cthuhlu monster.

I dont get much snow where I live, so when it does snow I usually go out and play in it while I can.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

At the risk of sounding like a grinch or scrooge, I feel the same way about snow that I do about sand, its nice to look at but I'd rather be inside.

My main experiences with snow are:
1) Living with my family in Japan after college for almost a year, I had to help shovel snow at 4-5am, and I actually walked home from a school (where my uncle was a professor) in it, so I can actually say "I had to walk a mile in the snow to get home from school" :)

2) Went on a ski trip with some friends, tried snow boarding but stupidly without taking lessons and fell a lot, and learned that snow isn't as soft as it looks when its packed into the ground.

I do remember enjoying snow as a kid though, when visiting my aunt's house in Connecticut, and snowballs are fun. Maybe its from getting older.

But being in southern California, I don't have to worry about that, its been dipping below the 40s where I live, but only barely, and that's about as cold as it gets :mrgreen:
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

im at home on the ice,
being a hockey player since grade school.

[goaltender - woot!]
i try not to do the "dads flashback to the glory days" too much!

:lol:

but, getting older makes the cold feel colder...
in turn, the cold makes the old feel older.

that being said - its nice keeping above freezing nowadays.
but the memories were dear ones. :D

(and cell phones sont fare well in subzero temps)
so more indoors than out, this year... for Andor & I

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

I have never lived where it snows. The total time that I have actually stood in snow would total approx 4hrs. I would like to, one day, experience a white Christmas. Ours are usually very hot and humid.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Bornain wrote:I have never lived where it snows. The total time that I have actually stood in snow would total approx 4hrs. I would like to, one day, experience a white Christmas. Ours are usually very hot and humid.
I have been a Massachusetts boy for 32 1/2 of my 33 years. The 6 months we lived in Florida when I was 8 encompassed Christmas and it did not feel right when it was 65-70°.
To me, not being below 40° on Christmas morning is not natural.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:
Bornain wrote:I have never lived where it snows. The total time that I have actually stood in snow would total approx 4hrs. I would like to, one day, experience a white Christmas. Ours are usually very hot and humid.
I have been a Massachusetts boy for 32 1/2 of my 33 years. The 6 months we lived in Florida when I was 8 encompassed Christmas and it did not feel right when it was 65-70°.
I spent christmas morning with my grandparents in Phenox, Arizona a few years and being surrounded by cacti during the holiday season is really quite strange. It was nice being able to take a dip in the pool christmas night, i can't do that while at home (well at least not comfortaby)

Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I often wish I never saw another flake of snow for the rest of my life. I honestly wouldn't miss it one tiny bit. A 70 degree Christmas sound amazing!

Did you try those Indoor S'mores yet??
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote:
I spent christmas morning with my grandparents in Phenox, Arizona a few years and being surrounded by cacti during the holiday season is really quite strange. It was nice being able to take a dip in the pool christmas night, i can't do that while at home (well at least not comfortaby)
Where I come from we use celcius instead of fahrenheit. So 40 would be hot.
Chest_Rockfield wrote:I often wish I never saw another flake of snow for the rest of my life. I honestly wouldn't miss it one tiny bit. A 70 degree Christmas sound amazing!
Christmas for us is usually around 30 - 40C or 86 - 104F. 70F would be nice... But for my last 37 Christmas's they have been blue sky's warm weather, family and friends, playing outdoor games, like cricket, lawn bowls etc. Having way too much food and drink, and jumping in the pool to cool down.

I would like to experence snow at Christmas sometime....for a change.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:Did you try those Indoor S'mores yet??
Not yet, but i am picking up everything i need to make them tonight on the way home. :)