v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

A quick guide to writing your signature:

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Bhagwanchi
android_version: 5.0

Re: A quick guide to writing your signature:

Post by Bhagwanchi »

Hi all, I started AT just a few months ago. I just started the forums a couple days ago. This is my first post since I wanted to create my signature.
But I'm not sure if anyone will see this - the last post is more than 3 years ago.
But here goes:
What fiernaq said 3 or 4 posts above about a button in the game to capture and format stats to put in a signature is not necessary. Anyone could create a tiny separate app to read the latest saved game file and extract all that info, format it, and put it in a text file or the clipboard ready to post. Then everyone could have their stats in a common format. A text file could also serve as a kind of history log. A verbose option to list the full names of items (default would be the abbreviations used in signatures), a complete option to list all items in inventory, and a global option to list items in any stashes left anywhere in AT world.

So as I wrote my signature, I found that I have 2 Legendary and Extraordinary Items (L&EI:2) that are not listed in any L&EI lists that I found. They are:
Flagstone's pride (LsFP - Longsword Flagstone's Pride) and Serpent's hauberk (AlSH - Armor (light) Serpent's Hauberk), both Extraordinary which I decided to mark as Bold in my signature. Why do people put a number 1 after their L&EI's? I wonder if there are any other L&EI's hiding in the game?

I also made up abbreviations for my other equipment using prefixes from the item category: Ls (Longsword), Al (Armor (light), H (Headwear), N (Necklaces), R (Rings), G (Gloves), F (Footwear). Those are followed by Capitals for First Letter in Important Word, and lower case for first letter of unimportant words (e.g. of) or letters inside words (e.g. RVil is Villain's ring), but not repeating a Category word (e.g. Polished ring of backstabbing is RPoBs, not RPRoBs). This should abbreviate just about all equipment items in the game. I chose to code light for Serpent's hauberk and Enhanced combat helmet (HlEC) because that affects Light Armor Proficiency. Maybe a "project" is needed to assign abbreviations to all equipment items.
Bhag
Lv:101 XP:19M Gold:952k AP:12/3=4 HP:369 AC%313 AD:33-47 CHS:47 CM:2.0 ECC%25 BC%252 DR:2
Sk: WA:1 HH:1 Do:4 MC:2 CS:2 QL:1 IF:5 Rg:5 WPda:1 WP1s:1 APl:1 FSdw:2S DBS:1
Eq: SH FP BSS ECH TmG BBB JoF VR PRoBs
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello Bhagwanchi, and welcome to the forums. You only started AT a few months ago, and you are at level 84! Good going :D

If you reply to a thread it bounces it back to the top of the pile again, so everyone that currently visits the forums will see it.

Regarding legendary and extraordinary items, the ones you see in the lists in the forums are available only by rare drop. For legendary items, that's a 1 in 10,000 chance, for extraordinary items, it's a 1 in 1000 chance. You can get as many of these items as you are willing to grind for, hence the number after the abbreviation. There are no legendary items that can be acquired in any other way, but as you have found, there are extraordinary items that can be acquired either as boss drops or as the result of a quest. Quite a few of them in fact. They are unique, and you can only ever get one of them.

The forum abbreviations are kind of confusing. In many cases there are no official abbreviations, but you can look here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3330&start=80 and the first post of this thread. The first post of this thread only lists abbreviations for extraordinary and legendary items that can only be obtained by rare drop, but there are others for desirable items that are commonly used:

JoF: Jewel of Fallhaven
QSD: Quick strike dagger
PRoB: Polished ring of backstabbing
VR: Villain's ring
RotP: Ring of the protector
VLA: Villain's leather armor
BSS: Balanced steel sword
DotSP (or DoSP): Dagger of the shadow priests
FP: Flagstone's pride
GCoR: Gleaming claymore of ruin

I'm sure there are others too, which I can't think of right now. I know them when I see them :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Crazyj1981
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Crazyj1981 »

How in the actual heck did you get so many levels that quick im at level 41 and it was a grind. I have calculated that a rin through charwood in and out killing most mobs nets about 100k to 125k xp anyways thanks for bringing this post to the front it helps with not having to type as much but it may take a bit of reconditioning to incorporate the short hand lol anyways good to have ya in the forums
LV-72 EXP-6806269 HP-222 AC-232% BC-175% DR-13 AD-38-49,,,BS-5 CS-2 IF-5 EG-1 OHSP-1 THSP-1 SHP-2 LAP-1 FS,WS-2 MF2.
Bhagwanchi
android_version: 5.0

Post by Bhagwanchi »

Crazyj, The actual ;) way I did it is I am recently retired, love games, found AT and am addicted. I also had the luck to find the set of equipment I now wear (see my signature) and the foresight to grab IF, Reg, and CS as fast as I could. I added the sword skills and now have Dual Wield w/ Specialization. I use only weapons that allow me to keep 4 attacks/round and with DW, it is kinda like 8/round. I rarely get hit for damage now and almost always hit the target several times/round. I do have trouble with the ghosts near Lodar's cabin, but I have 1928 Regular Potions of Health and many other potions that I have accumulated in combat but never had to use (a couple hundred early on). I have not kept track, but I think I "died" less than 20 times. I reload saved games but not many times. All this allowed me, on my first encounter with Hira'zinn, to stand toe-to-toe in a slugfest, no hit and run, and kill it. It was close and I was ready with the potions, but in the end, Hira'zinn took a fast dive. BTW, why isn't Hira'zinn listed as the Most Powerful Monster Killed? (now listed is the Plaguestrider Master??)

The most appropriate description of my character is marauder.
Bhag
Lv:101 XP:19M Gold:952k AP:12/3=4 HP:369 AC%313 AD:33-47 CHS:47 CM:2.0 ECC%25 BC%252 DR:2
Sk: WA:1 HH:1 Do:4 MC:2 CS:2 QL:1 IF:5 Rg:5 WPda:1 WP1s:1 APl:1 FSdw:2S DBS:1
Eq: SH FP BSS ECH TmG BBB JoF VR PRoBs
Crazyj1981
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Crazyj1981 »

Nice i am gonna have to try the duel wield approach after I get done with my tank like spec i am building atm. I hardly get hit by anything at all and i hardly miss but the downfall on this build is my AD is so low. 15-23 im level 44 now.
LV-72 EXP-6806269 HP-222 AC-232% BC-175% DR-13 AD-38-49,,,BS-5 CS-2 IF-5 EG-1 OHSP-1 THSP-1 SHP-2 LAP-1 FS,WS-2 MF2.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Any way to export player info to go into a signature here?

Be cool if could export all player stats to the clipboard, then copy to one's signature file. :)
And a list of all items (plus quantities), including what is currently equipped.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

No, sorry. It has to be done by hand. There is no way we can implement something like this. The length of the signature is also very limited, so an automatic conversion would be impossible if it exceeded the limit.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

You could do it like how I have a link to all the stuff of the game

You would need to use something like word and write your stats and share the link as your signature
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

:geek:
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Or better yet do a spread sheet. For each character.
This way you can check your builds for each one.

Like warrior
Rogue
Monk
(You could but would take long
Is do a wizard char. Use a staff only with a robe. And do blood disorder and other skills.

Either way it would be your signature and also away you can check the build that best suites you in having an enjoyable play through
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach