msp fitness suggestions!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
mspowerplant
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: msp fitness suggestions!

Post by mspowerplant »

I've got a massive list of exercises and descriptions
I'll sit down and upload them in a little bit :D just gotta have my train first
I'll be back

=====edit====
back with a list :D ok well I will start with the fundamentals
chest= push ups (I know I hate them to but there necessary)
push ups can be done in a variety of ways
1 of the ground on toes or knees
2 between 2 chairs with hands flat on the seats shoulder width apart (5 sets 5 reps is sufficient to start with)
Dips for chest you place 2 chairs shoulder with apart facing into them. Lean forward slightly and lower yourself with your arms bending at the elbows until the upper arm is parallel with the seat of the chairs.
Biceps= are quite hard to work without weights
pull ups are great for upper back shoulders and biceps.
you will require a solid door frame or tree branch.
Grab the door frame in a underhand grip (palms facing towards the body)
raise the body up until the upper arms are at parallel there is absolutely no need to get carried away and try for full extension.
Triceps= once again dips but straight up and down.
Legs= wall squats. lean against a wall and squat down while bending at the knees and keeping the back firmly pressed to the wall.
lunges.Stand with legs together. extend one leg forward. Bend the opposite leg at the knee and lower yourself until that knee almost touches the ground swap legs and repeat.
back=pull ups. Muscle ups.. you will need a kitchen counter or a block fence. Place hands at shoulder width on a flat surface and muscle your self up. The object is to hold your weight for a 10 count while squeezing the shoulder blades together. (im in the habit of doing muscle ups and pull ups when im out and about what a ridiculous sight I must make :D)
reverse extensions are awesome for the lower back and core. You need a couch with a nice padded arm.
Lay length ways on the couch with your upper body hanging over the arm rest with hands behind your head lower your upper body until your face is as close to the floor as you can manage raise back up again repeat the cycle. (you may need someone to hold your feet)
abs & core= crunches & sit ups (we should all know how to do these remember gym class? lol)
mountain climbers are great fun about the best fun you can have training abs :D
place your hands flat on the ground and assume a push up position. bring one knee at a time upwards towards you chest and squeeze your stomach repeat as much as you can changing legs as you go. this can also be done leaning against a wall if the floor is not your thing :D
there are so many more exercises and variations. This is a  great way to start off..
unless I stated otherwise do at least 3 sets of around 10-8 reps as you get more competent increase the reps.
Remember if any of these exercises bring undue pain stop working out and seek medical advice!!
Have fun

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I got tired just reading it!

How on earth do your find motivation to keep up with this? lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mspowerplant

Post by mspowerplant »

Pyrizzle wrote:I got tired just reading it!

lol I much prefer to lift things up and down and grunt and groan a bit and call it a day :D

AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
Oet

Post by Oet »

mspowerplant wrote:I've got a massive list of exercises and descriptions
I'll be back

=====edit====
back with a list
/.../
Have fun
Thank you! I will try this. Already copied the list to my computer 8-)
I like the idea of using the stuff you have in a regular home, makes it so much easier. And a lot of this can be made while watching TV, or even reading your mail :lol:

Is there any more I can add to the core? I think that's my main priority.

I really do miss the early days at the gym (I was never a builder though, just an amature). But even if I had the time I wouldn't be able to start hit the gym again.

Pyrizzle wrote:I got tired just reading it!

Haha, reading can be exhausting sometimes. ;)
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

mspowerplant wrote:I've got a massive list of exercises and descriptions
I'll be back

=====edit====
back with a list :D ok well I will start with the fundamentals...
Awesomesauce. I think I can manage a few of those without losing my status as "nerd". Thanks for the suggestions!
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
mspowerplant

Post by mspowerplant »

Reviving my old thread... (sorry pyrizzle! but I do have genuine info :D)

Oet= I have 283 current core exercises.... so upper? lower? overall?

and post a stats report or feed back if you want!

oh and I may be coming to a gym near you! If any one is interested in a free P.T session. of course I've got my trusty troop of muscle bound associates if being trained by a woman just aint your thing :D

and in no means is this a offer for more then a train and a giggle!
The whole bunk it around the world is dedicated to my wife, her memories and all the souls who never got to do what they wished..

AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Unless part of your US tour is to establish a chain of fitness centers/gyms, where you'll be spending a few weeks at each location, I'll probably have to pass on the personal trainer experience. :)

Being 45 and moderately physically active, with more of my accomplishments being made by analyzing and troubleshooting, eating one meal a day, enjoying certain beverages that are surprisingly high in calories, being a smoker, all while enjoying a variety of sleep disorders, presents a challenge for me to get and stay motivated to remain in proper physical condition.

I have had the opportunity to get out and get some walking time in as the recent fairer weather has allowed. For me, I tend to believe that I should be working on gradually building up a routine that primarily will benefit my cardiovascular system before I work on conditioning and increasing my overall muscle mass.

I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that a fair number of us have grown to be a little more sediment than what we should be. My Chiropractor recommended I give the "Couch to 5K" program a try. An Android app version was available as the free app of the day from the Amazon Appstore a while back, so I downloaded it (here's a link for anyone who's curious or interested: C25K - 5K Trainer Pro - http://amzn.to/1hjNBxB). I hope to actually make use of it this year.
One of even fewer...
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

mspowerplant wrote:Reviving my old thread... (sorry pyrizzle! but I do have genuine info :D)

oh and I may be coming to a gym near you! If any one is interested in a free P.T session. of course I've got my trusty troop of muscle bound associates if being trained by a woman just aint your thing :D

The whole bunk it around the world is dedicated to my wife, her memories and all the souls who never got to do what they wished..
No worries, it's adding to old threads and not adding anything new that is the problem.

Carry on. =)

This lil Firebug is out of shape from the winter season... Thank goodness spring is on it's way!
Oet

Post by Oet »

mspowerplant wrote:Reviving my old thread... (sorry pyrizzle! but I do have genuine info :D)

Overall that would be :)
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14