Wii U

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Wii U

Post by Antison »

I've been thinking about buying a Wii U but I'm not sure I want to because the video game industry/technology changes so quickly and as such, what you buy today is dead tomorrow.
I was thinking about this buy because it's Nintendo which I grew up on and would love to see my kids do the same.
We already have a Wii, and was wondering if the Wii U has motion/movement game like the Wii?
Is it worth the money?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Wii U

Post by Covenant »

My answer is yes, but for only one reason: I love Zelda. I've own every Nintendo system (even an original Famicom). And I've bought every one of them for Zelda.

Zelda aside, then no. I don't believe any console is a good purchase. Mostly because you can already access almost all of thr best sellers on PC. No need for a spend on another bit of tech when already have a PC. Just purchase tou games electronically through Steam, Origin or Battle.net.

Yes, there are exclusive titles for consoles. But aside from Zelda, the developers won't get my money unless it's PC.

The rules you should use is this: is there one or two games that are exclusive to the console that will rock tour world and result in hundreds of hours of game play. If yes, go for it. If not, save tour money.

And play more AT.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I do have a wii but won't buy a wii u.
Not many games for it lead to not many consoles sold lead to not many games made for it.
Most editors have abandoned ship.
However your current wiimotes are compatible with the wii u. Just so you know.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The Wii U is neat but until they are able to come up with (And successfully release) better games, it's really not going to be worth spending the money on when you already have a Wii. I'm also afraid that after the lackluster results from the wii, that a lot of the big game designers are going to want to develop for other platforms (Such as the XBox1 or PS4)

Please, PROVE ME WRONG NINTENDO!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

After doing some Googling the last couple of days, I've decided to wait on buying one. XBox One and PS4 are way to expensive and unattractive to us. We are a Nintendo family. :)

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

My sister purchased a system that was 3 nintendo systems in one (it isn't made from the nintendo systems, but is legal since the patents are long past. I was thinking of buying one for myself and getting all of my old games that I loaned her back. The name of it is eluding me though, I will have to ask her or google it.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

Hyperkin Retron 3

But it's for class NES, SNESS and Genesis - so throw-back ot the mid '80s - not new games.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Antison,

I viewed your original post, considered your previous declared knowledge, experience, and implied capabilities, and while also pretty much agreeing with Covenant's initial reply, would suggest building your own multimedia entertainment center with a PC being it's core.

With Windows 8 (which I personally don't recommend to others, or care for the user interface), you can run Xbox 360 games, and a considerable amount of original Xbox titles. For pretty much every other console gaming experience that you'd probably want to add, there are a couple of variants of stable running emulators that can cover the remainder of your interests.

As far as having a peripheral device that allows you to interact physically with a game, primarily you will find that a specific game title usually determines the compatibility here. On a related note, Microsoft makes a PC/Windows version of the Kinect that you can read up on more about here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/

When you have good resources available to purchase what you need to build a system that meets your needs, and/or fulfills your desires (all within your budget), that offer a component on sale with the additional savings of an applicable rebate, it's hard for me to imagine a more suitable approach. Being able to record television shows/series, as well as movies, is just one of many advantages to this implementation. If you have any specific questions or comments that you might wish to contact me regarding, please feel free to send me a P.M. :)
One of even fewer...
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

It is so hard to game on computers with all the hackers anymore, it has just become to easy for people with little to no tech experience to ruin everyone elses good time.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

While there is truth in what you say, there are more security options available for an individual to apply to their computer system. However, these only minimally slow down someone who may possess the skills and/or utilities needed to do so.

On the other side of that coin, regarding console systems that you may take online, you can read about Sony's PlayStation Network being hacked into again, as recent as yesterday. :shock:
One of even fewer...