v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New Years revolution?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: New Years revolution?

Post by PK17 »

Oet wrote:
Oet wrote:Going to stop smoke in January.
So far everything is good. Been removing the "habit" smokes, and instead taking it ~20 min earlier or later.
I'm also smoking less powerful cigarettes. One of these equals 1/5 of my old cigarettes. Have gotten myself an e-cigarette that I will start swap some of my smokes with.

I just made the switch from analogs to digitals (today actually) and I am loving every minute of the new freedom (not to mention the already noticeable medical improvements)... What e-cig did you go with. I am using the Halo Triton tank system, and although it is a bit complicated to wrap your head around, is a great peice of tech. Using a digital PV (personal vaporizer) is a major improvement over smoking analogs and can be an extremely useful tool to quit altogether, very much so since you can buy e-liquids of varrying amounts of nicotine (anywhere from 36mg/ml - 0mg/ml). I only smoked one analog today and that was only because my package showed up two hours later. If you want a real boost of morale, go the the e-cigarette-forum (ecf), it is filled with amazing people and has a strong community, very similar to what we have going here. You won't regret it!

Also mind you, it isn't a cheap alternative, but it is still cheaper than buying a pack at your local gas station. Also, if you get that far into it you can begin to make your own juice (e-liquid), at a highly reduced cost.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

PK17 wrote:
Oet wrote:
Oet wrote:Going to stop smoke in January.
So far everything is good. Been removing the "habit" smokes, and instead taking it ~20 min earlier or later.
I'm also smoking less powerful cigarettes. One of these equals 1/5 of my old cigarettes. Have gotten myself an e-cigarette that I will start swap some of my smokes with.

I just made the switch from analogs to digitals (today actually) and I am loving every minute of the new freedom (not to mention the already noticeable medical improvements)... What e-cig did you go with. I am using the Halo Triton tank system, and although it is a bit complicated to wrap your head around, is a great peice of tech. Using a digital PV (personal vaporizer) is a major improvement over smoking analogs and can be an extremely useful tool to quit altogether, very much so since you can buy e-liquids of varrying amounts of nicotine (anywhere from 36mg/ml - 0mg/ml). I only smoked one analog today and that was only because my package showed up two hours later. If you want a real boost of morale, go the the e-cigarette-forum (ecf), it is filled with amazing people and has a strong community, very similar to what we have going here. You won't regret it!

Also mind you, it isn't a cheap alternative, but it is still cheaper than buying a pack at your local gas station. Also, if you get that far into it you can begin to make your own juice (e-liquid), at a highly reduced cost.
I don't know what e-cigarette I am using. I don't use it much at all actually. I bought something quite cheap at a local store, and some 0mg liquids to fill and refill with. I should be better at using my e-cigarette, but the real ones are still what I prefer. Although, what I prefer is what I should avoid. But everything has it's time, I wanna take this step after step.

I might check in on the ecf forum tomorrow if any free time comes by, it is always nice to get new motivation, thanks a lot for the tip!

P.S
Are you doing this change to try and quit smoking 100% or to change to something, less unhealthy?
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I'm not really sure yet, I like the act of smoking, and when I tried to quit without any help the one thing that was killing me were my breaks at work. I might just work my way down to 0mg then decide whether or not I want to stop. I definitely don't want the nicotine addiction anymore, but as I said, I still enjoy the act and feel of smoking. I will probably work my way down to 0mg and eventually get tired of charging the battery and buying more juice that I'll just stop or give it to someone in my family if they want to quit.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

PK17 wrote:I'm not really sure yet, I like the act of smoking, and when I tried to quit without any help the one thing that was killing me were my breaks at work. I might just work my way down to 0mg then decide whether or not I want to stop. I definitely don't want the nicotine addiction anymore, but as I said, I still enjoy the act and feel of smoking. I will probably work my way down to 0mg and eventually get tired of charging the battery and buying more juice that I'll just stop or give it to someone in my family if they want to quit.
That's my problem aswell, I like the act of smoking. I don't want to quit because of personal health or economical needs. The reason I want to quit (and maybe start again after) is because my son will be born within 2 month, and with all the talk of "crib death" I'm too scared to be a smoker the first 6 months of his time on earth. The risk isn't high, but IF crib death would occur, I probably couldn't live with myself.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14