v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New kid on the block

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

New kid on the block

Post by Duvalon »

Hi everyone. New to Andor's Trail (a few weeks) and just found/joining the forums because I finished what I thought was everything in the game (wasn't :D). In any case, I'm fairly close to the end of the available content. Thought I'd drop-in to say hi, but also thank you to all the developers who have made Andor's Trail such an amazing game.

In the same vein, I'd like to give back to an open source project that provided me with hours of entertainment, something I've been meaning to do for years but never had the chance or courage to jump in. I'm catching up to a lot of threads here one the forums... and man are there a lot :shock:

I'm a software developer by profession (mostly C++ but I've done a lot of Java in my days). Although from what I gather in the forums and from the github project, it seems the code base is fairly solid and it is more content that needs creating. I'll keep browsing to see if anything strikes my fancy or if an itch needs scratching.If there are particular roadblocks or heavy lifting needed I'd be glad to put my shoulder to the wheel; so please feel free to contact me or pull me into such project. Also I'm a native French speaker so I might weigh in on the translation.

Until we meet again...
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: New kid on the block

Post by Voom »

Duvalon, welcome to the AT forum!

I'm not going to insult your intelligence by pointing you towards the Contribution guide (which I inadvertently just did ;) ). But if you have an interest and the opportunity, you are more than welcome to help and contribute in absolutely any way. Get acquainted, get involved. I hope you liked the adventure just as much as I did, but there is more to it than that. To my recollection, there isn't a project like AT and the community that surrounds it. Have fun and keep your blades sharp. =D

P.S., Wrong forum section, Fallhaven Tavern is non-AT.
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Welcome to the forums indeed.

You are right that we currently need more content rather than code, but I have a few ideas in that area that should be fairly easy to code.

@Voom, it is the right forum section to introduce oneself.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Zukero wrote:@Voom, it is the right forum section to introduce oneself.
Oh, didn't know. Sry.
Voom
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Welcome to the forums Duvalon! :D

Like Zukero pointed out, right now we rather need content than code. Translating the game further into French would be most welcome for sure. :)
Have a look at this link for translations: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/andors-trail/
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Duvalon »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've read parts of the contribution guide, and parts of ideas in other threads. I'm finishing my first run through the game and reading through the forums. Translation is definitely something I can help with right away; thanks Ian.
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Welcome newbie! It's great to have folks join and get excited about this game because I think it is really unique and has lots of potential.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1