v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

When a Thread Goes Off the Rails

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: When a Thread Goes Off the Rails

Post by Lady Drager »

Well, I'm still working on the die system and the details for the previously mentioned abilities as well as technology and interstellar factions. I'm tying two of the factions in with our own history because I honestly believe the gods of our polytheistic ancestors were aliens.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Tres nifty.. is the die system along lines of old-school D&D?
Interested to hear your thoughts re aliens being the gods of our ancestors.

Not sure how strict staying-on-topic is here, but considering the title of this thread is "When a thread goes off the rails.." I reckon it's kosher to launch into die systems & alien gods :?
If not, and if you're up for discussing details of your game &/or alien gods, then want to start a new thread for those?

I'm interested in how others think about die systems partly because I've been working on & off for years on an old-school cRPG (along lines of early Wizardry, Bard's Tales & somewhat newer Devil's Whiskey), but mostly just curious.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Growler wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:44 pm Not sure how strict staying-on-topic is here
In the Fallhaven Tavern, all is allowed as long as it's not offensive (people from many cultures and religions visit these forums, so "offensive" should be read in that context). If a thread really diverges into two topics maybe one of the mods will split it (although in the Fallhaven Tavern that is much less likely than in the other forums), or a someone can request that we split it.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1