The New Msp Fitness thread

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Post Reply
User avatar
mspowerplant
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 am
android_version: 4.1
Location: On a bench!

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by mspowerplant » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 am

Capeditiea wrote:sadly, i get migraines from chicken and green beans, among a few others, (i think it is linked to the GMOs they use or something, since organic green beans haven't effected me.)

i am a horrible cook. XD i can only cook through microwave...
but with many attempts i may be able to succeed, can i omit the chicken for something else?

:3 dried fruit seems tasty. :3

thank you, i now have to take up cooking :O i may blow up the house.
Try organic corn raised chicken. :D not sure how easy that is to find over there.
Actually you could try turkey I'm guessing I haven't tried it myself.

Ahh a microwave cook!! You should have said. I have a extensive list of microwave healthy meals. I'll upload a few meals for you tomorrow.
Dried fruit isn't as healthy but its easier to eat if your a on the go person :D

No don't!! Please don't try this at home! Go to a friends place instead :lol: jk

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D

Zukero
Lead Developer
Posts: 1479
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 am
android_version: 7.1

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by Zukero » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Aaahh. MsP's Fitness Thread. This is really one of my favorite anomalies on a forum dedicated to an old-school, open-source RPG.
My workout regimen is made of code for AT. When I'm not being lazy.
There are two tools in the kitchen I can safely use to prepare a meal: the microwave and my cellphone. Cellphone-made meals taste better, but are expensive, and sometimes unhealthy.
As for energetic complements, I focus exclusively on coffee and cigarettes (BTW, Jim Jarmusch's movie "Coffee and Cigarettes" is awesome).

Good thing we have tough hearts in the family...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2

twirlimp
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 am
android_version: 4.3

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by twirlimp » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Zukero wrote:Cellphone-made meals taste better, but are expensive, and sometimes unhealthy.
Took me a bit to get that :lol:
Zukero wrote:As for energetic complements, I focus exclusively on coffee and cigarettes (BTW, Jim Jarmusch's movie "Coffee and Cigarettes" is awesome).
Good thing we have tough hearts in the family...
Although I try not to indulge in these lovely lovely energetic compliments, that movie seems very interesting.
*cough* started torrenting *cough*
ideas plox

User avatar
mspowerplant
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 am
android_version: 4.1
Location: On a bench!

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by mspowerplant » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Zukero wrote:Aaahh. MsP's Fitness Thread. This is really one of my favorite anomalies on a forum dedicated to an old-school, open-source RPG.
My workout regimen is made of code for AT. When I'm not being lazy.
There are two tools in the kitchen I can safely use to prepare a meal: the microwave and my cellphone. Cellphone-made meals taste better, but are expensive, and sometimes unhealthy.
As for energetic complements, I focus exclusively on coffee and cigarettes (BTW, Jim Jarmusch's movie "Coffee and Cigarettes" is awesome).

Good thing we have tough hearts in the family...
It probably is a anomaly of sorts to see a motivate chick trying to motivate others on a game forum. :lol:
Actually I do it everywhere I go so I've never really thought about it. Just this morning I traded a nurse a 6 week intense ab work out of a fruit cup I'll never eat!! Just because she wouldn't take it for free.

That made me giggle cellphone made meals are nightmares for PTs. But they do taste good :D

As for coffee and cigarettes.. We know my stance on coffee I would literally evaporate with out it.
Cigarettes on the other hand were once used by old school bodybuilders as a fat burner. Strange I know apparently the saying of I gained 10 pound when I quit smoking is true :lol:

What about a e-cigarette? I have a client who has quit a 40year habit kept the weight off and feels a ton better. Has now even started making their own e-juice so there's less harmful chemicals. Even tho there already on the low side as it is.

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D

Zukero
Lead Developer
Posts: 1479
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 am
android_version: 7.1

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by Zukero » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Cigarettes never burned fat, only lungs. It does limit the appetite though. When you quit, you get a temporarily boosted appetite, thus eat more and gain weight.

E-cigs have their limits, but it worked great for me. Using a very progressive approach, I managed to quit almost painlessly (from a pack a day to nothing, not even e-cigs) in a little over a year. 7 months later, I gradually fell back in the old habit. I'm currently restarting my program. I'm in the early stages where I both smoke and vape. Target is one pack of smokes per week before going full vape.

I'll do it. I'm not rich enough to keep smoking anyway :lol:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 6.0
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by rijackson741 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 pm

Zukero wrote:7 months later, I gradually fell back in the old habit.
I quit many years ago, and for me the key was breaking the habit. For one year I forbade myself to smoke after coffee, with a beer, in the car, in the house, etc. So I could have a cig, but not at the normal habitual times, and I had to either stop the car and get out, or stand on the balcony of my apartment (not so bad in the summer, but not much fun in a New England winter!). After a year of that there was still an addiction, but there was not much of a habit left :lol: . Then I broke the addiction using the patch. For about a year after that I still had temptations sometimes, but rarely, and one year after quitting there was no chance I would ever go back. The other key was to always remind myself that getting to any given point involved a certain amount of pain, and lapsing would mean going through that pain again.
Level: 64, XP: 4734786, HP: 196, AC: 246%, AD: 49-59, AP: 3, ECC: 25%, CM: 3, BC: 127%, DR: 2
Gold: 232355 | RoLS: 1, RoL: 1, GoW: 1
HH: 1, CS: 2, IF: 4, Ev: 3, Re: 2, WP:DA: 1, WP:1S: 1, AP:L: 1, FS:DW: 2, S:DW: 1
SR

ace
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:00 am
android_version: 5.1
Location: lodar's hideout

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by ace » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:23 am

Zukero and rijackson, you guys really did a great job trying to rid the habit of smoking. keel it up.
the secrets of shadow and light#ace.
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
be happy :lol:

User avatar
mspowerplant
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 am
android_version: 4.1
Location: On a bench!

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by mspowerplant » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:27 am

Zukero wrote:Cigarettes never burned fat, only lungs. It does limit the appetite though. When you quit, you get a temporarily boosted appetite, thus eat more and gain weight.

E-cigs have their limits, but it worked great for me. Using a very progressive approach, I managed to quit almost painlessly (from a pack a day to nothing, not even e-cigs) in a little over a year. 7 months later, I gradually fell back in the old habit. I'm currently restarting my program. I'm in the early stages where I both smoke and vape. Target is one pack of smokes per week before going full vape.

I'll do it. I'm not rich enough to keep smoking anyway :lol:
Its a very well know fact now days with all the information available on smoking. I'm talking about guys like Reg Park who were active bodybuilders in the 40's to 60's those guys used to train and smoke at the same time :lol:
Even good old Arnie was a smoker most of his bodybuilding career cigars and cigarettes.

A lot of people will fall back in to bad habits it took Mel (Kayla's sister) 5 times to stay smoke free. Now she's addicted to chewing gum :lol: at least its good for her teeth :D

It sounds like a solid plan! If you want any good e-juice recipes or anything to help out I can ask around. :D
rijackson741 wrote: I quit many years ago, and for me the key was breaking the habit. For one year I forbade myself to smoke after coffee, with a beer, in the car, in the house, etc. So I could have a cig, but not at the normal habitual times, and I had to either stop the car and get out, or stand on the balcony of my apartment (not so bad in the summer, but not much fun in a New England winter!). After a year of that there was still an addiction, but there was not much of a habit left :lol: . Then I broke the addiction using the patch. For about a year after that I still had temptations sometimes, but rarely, and one year after quitting there was no chance I would ever go back. The other key was to always remind myself that getting to any given point involved a certain amount of pain, and lapsing would mean going through that pain again.
Well done!! Something to be forever proud of.
I will admit I was never a heavy smoker myself I did pick up the occasional fag with a beer but once the beer went I never had a need.
Over coming drinking was a thing for me.
I learnt if I stay completely away from beer I'm good :D

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D

User avatar
mspowerplant
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:49 am
android_version: 4.1
Location: On a bench!

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by mspowerplant » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:31 am

Two of my all time favorite microwave meals :D
(Containing no chicken either :D)

Pumpkin risotto
250g risotto rice
700ml hot vegetable stock
1 medium butternut pumpkin
big handful grated Parmesan
handful sage leaves, roughly chopped
Tip the rice into a large bowl, then add 500ml of the hot vegetable stock. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 5 mins.
Peel and cut the pumpkin into medium chunks.
Stir the rice, then add the pumpkin and the rest of the stock.
Re-cover with cling film, then microwave for another 15 mins, stirring halfway, until almost all the stock is absorbed and the rice and pumpkin are tender.
Leave the risotto to sit for 2 mins, then stir in the parmesan and sage. Serve topped with more grated cheese.

Tuna sweet potato jackets
4 sweet potatoes about 200g each
185g can tuna
½ red onion, finely sliced
1 small red chilli deseeded and chopped
juice 1 lime
6 tbsp Greek yogurt
handful coriander leaves
Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place on a microwaveable plate and cook on High for 18-20 mins, or until tender. Split in half and place each one, cut-side up, on a serving plate.
Flake the drained tuna with a fork and divide between the sweet potatoes. Top with the red onion and chilli, then squeeze over the lime juice. Top with a dollop of yogurt and coriander.

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 6.0
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by rijackson741 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:40 am

mspowerplant wrote:handful coriander leaves
For those that don't know, depending on locale, coriander = cilantro.
Level: 64, XP: 4734786, HP: 196, AC: 246%, AD: 49-59, AP: 3, ECC: 25%, CM: 3, BC: 127%, DR: 2
Gold: 232355 | RoLS: 1, RoL: 1, GoW: 1
HH: 1, CS: 2, IF: 4, Ev: 3, Re: 2, WP:DA: 1, WP:1S: 1, AP:L: 1, FS:DW: 2, S:DW: 1
SR

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest