v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What constitutes spam?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: the records of the game

Post by Urbain »

Xkcd for the win indeed!

To add one more thing; for someone to come in and spam the board then engage in ad hominems, straw man arguments, attempted gaslighting, and self victimization really reeks of other problems. We'd all question someone who kicked down our front doors to spout off like this in our living-rooms. It's nice to see we're doing the same here.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Voom wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm @fDroid Freedom is not the ability to do whatever you want, it is the opportunity to do what is right. You ever heard of the Social Contract or John Locke the father of liberalism? Assuming that your Anonymous avatar is representative of your Anarcho-capitalistic beliefs, I'll also assume that you have a misconception of what true freedom is. I'm not saying you're wrong about Google, I'm just saying you're wrong about this game and the people in this forum... no tyranny here... and no, the Shadow ain't the Dark Web. Stop making that comparison.
I just have to say that one of the reasons I come back to this forum is that the people here are clearly very intelligent. How many message boards would you get responses asking if you knew Social Contract theory or if you'd read John Locke? I would just like to collectively thank everyone here for not engaging in a flame war, but rather taking educated and reasonable stances, and maintaining politeness as much as possible. I feel like this is a truly singular place on the internet.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Kashim wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:06 pm I would just like to collectively thank everyone here for not engaging in a flame war, but rather taking educated and reasonable stances, and maintaining politeness as much as possible.
Agreed, 100% :D . Flame wars are not wanted here, and will be shut down before they go too far. I don't ever recall that actually happening though, because a flame war requires two people, and someone that tries to start one here can't get very far, because they don't get the right type of response :lol:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Agree with most of what folks are saying here -- especially re being polite & respectful (almost) no matter what.

Will suggest that ignoring hyper-negative/hate/violence speech is often a good response. That way, no need to engage in FoS issues or inflame someone seeking attention &/or a fight for simple sake of jousting.

It is great to interact with intelligent, good-humored folks about a shared passion (such as AT)!

But I'll admit to also being interested in hearing various, even what I may consider extreme, views from those I share some interest with. It's a point of connection..and can be enlightening not only from convergence of interests, but also from the surprising or even unsettling divergence.
As always, it's up to those who own/control the forum, as it usually should be.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

We do thrive for a friendly and respectful community.
I agree that this really feels like a special place of the internet, and I'm very grateful to the community for this.
This forum is open to all ideas, AT-related or not, and people of all ages, origins, gender...

Flamers and trolls are first treated respectfully to give them a chance to show that they are more than meets the eye, then cautiously ignored. This has worked every time, although that only counts as three or four times :)

I do not rate success of Andor's Trail by the number of downloads or user retention or forum members count, but rather with the feedback of the few players that pop in here. Quality over quantity, and freedom over metrics.

The fact that no money is involved grants us an artistic and organizational freedom that I value much higher than reaching the millionth download on Gplay.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Zukero wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 am Quality over quantity, and freedom over metrics.

The fact that no money is involved grants us an artistic and organizational freedom that I value much higher than reaching the millionth download on Gplay.
Amen to that!

Btw... that is the first and only time I'll be defending the Shadow... :x
Voom
eldar healer
android_version: 8.0

Post by eldar healer »

You're all spamming lol. Or at least not in the right place. Request above lengthy convo moved to the tavern please.
Player Name: james gold 19437
Lvl: 45 XP: 1649805 AP: 12/3 HP: 127 AC: 217% AD: 19-31 CHS:18 CM: 2.0 BC: 113% DR: 7
Skills: BS: 1 CS: 2 IF: 2 Reg: 2 MF: 1
WP:Da: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 1 AP:S: 2 FS:WS: 2