v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Names and Avatars.

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Names and Avatars.

Post by nyktos »

Voom wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 pm Well, a torch shines bright my friends.
A torch burns brightest in the dark, my friend. :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Lol, thank you for my case even stronger, my friend. :twisted:
Voom
lakra
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by lakra »

My nickname came mostly from my gaming history, when I was around 15-20 years old. I mostly played... erm... tactical online shooters. I called my self shark before entering the evil depths of the internet. After that, I realized, that it was a very common nickname :cry:

So I made a combination of the two parts of my name, to create lakra.

Two years after, I realized, that mostly french players chosed the same nickname as well... but it was my creation, so stop it!!! :evil:
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 pm My name is Mr Schmmiiirc......... ;)

............. at times I am also Bogwyyrm, Drakcor, Zafferjaq, Boggwart,Tungu the Small, Zzatirk, Kriqwod or S'not Sinistral.

All just creations of my limited imagination, some have a degree of relevance, most don't. 8-)
S'not, snot!!! LOL! You got a booger in your nose. No its not, no its S'not! LOL!
Voom wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 pm My real name is Hristo passed down from my father which is Greek for 'Christ' which means 'the anointed one'. However, my mom never liked how it looked and sounded and always wanted to name me as Viktor which i thought was awesome, both in meaning and in looks. Then i watched V for Vendetta and read the infamous V poem. I became fascinated with the letter V; even vowed to name my future son Viktor. And perhaps my future daughter Valeria. Im weird, i know, but im serious about it.

So thats where i got the V for Voom.
What about the TV miniseries V?
Voom wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 pm Lol, jk. Voom is the combination of the letter V and the word Zoom. Zoom comes from my subconcious insecurity that i am slow. I hated when my family would call me slow, because i felt so much faster mentally than anyone i knew. But i always did things with perfection b/c of my ocd, so most effortful things in my life inevitably took me time to do and i would memorize every step, but i never did anything twice.

Voom, that's my name.

My avatar is the silhouette of a torch, which represents how i feel like almost all the time: an enigma. To share how i feel about something usually takes a lot of effort on my part. For that reason, people, including my family, have always underestimated me in a lot of ways and continue to do so. Ultimately, im content b/c i feel like i have that upper hand by knowing what i dont allow others to know. And what I don't let others readily know? Well, a torch shines bright my friends.
Fast mind, slow actions due to perfectionism... wow. I had no Idea we had so much in common Voom! :shock:

About Lady Drager... 'Drag' is from dragon, 'ger' is from tiger. The dragon is a representation of my spirit. Wise, and powerful. The tiger represents my body as I often do things in a manner resembling the way tigers stalk their prey, waiting for weakness to show, then POUNCE! Particularly in the bedroom. And Lady... That part is about my mind. Smart and regal. The only thing left out is the vampiric way I have of absorbing information. ;)

And so my name is me, mind, body and soul. 8-)

My avatar is simply Harley Quinn, my favorite DC character! Plus, she and I kinda look alike... minus the three colored hair and clown makeup! :D
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Lady Drager wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 pm

............. at times I am also Bogwyyrm, Drakcor, Zafferjaq, Boggwart,Tungu the Small, Zzatirk, Kriqwod or S'not Sinistral.

All just creations of my limited imagination, some have a degree of relevance, most don't. 8-)
S'not, snot!!! LOL! You got a booger in your nose. No its not, no its S'not! LOL!
That's one that does have a degree of relevance: my Dad's nickname for me was "Snotface", and although he used it much too often, I'm far too shallow to have have taken any offence, (I did often have a runny nose as a kid and an aversion to handkerchiefs). :D

In retrospect, I almost certainly have both parents to thank for my highly developed sarcasm, (I've learnt to rein that in now, but some opportunities are still just too good to pass up) :lol: , and I'm left-handed.
See the puppies scatter.
Ironman86
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Ironman86 »

Somewhat ambidextrous but mostly left handed myself. For which I recieve a lot of flack. What's so bad about being left handed?
Trust nothing. Question everything
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Ironman86 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:08 am Somewhat ambidextrous but mostly left handed myself. For which I recieve a lot of flack. What's so bad about being left handed?
Apart from almost everything in life being designed by and for right-handers, (e.g. power tools) nothing. It gives the Sinistral part of S'not Sinistral.
See the puppies scatter.
zubov56
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by zubov56 »

My name is from my favorite former Dallas Stars player and his number. (Sergei Zubov #56) My avatar is hockey hardware. What can I say I like NHL hockey especially my Stars. 😉
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:21 am
Lady Drager wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 pm

That's one that does have a degree of relevance: my Dad's nickname for me was "Snotface", and although he used it much too often, I'm far too shallow to have have taken any offence, (I did often have a runny nose as a kid and an aversion to handkerchiefs). :D

In retrospect, I almost certainly have both parents to thank for my highly developed sarcasm, (I've learnt to rein that in now, but some opportunities are still just too good to pass up) :lol: , and I'm left-handed.
So... Lefty Snotface... Hmmmm sounds like one of Murdock's crazy characters! (that's an A-Team reference).
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
BWPanda

Post by BWPanda »

When registering my very first email address (at Hotmail) many, many years ago, I had to use my first initial, surname, and house number to make a username that was unique and available: 'panderson120'. My Granddad then started calling me 'Pander' whenever he emailed me, but soon shortened the nickname to 'Panda'. That became my online handle, and I've since used it whenever signing up for a new website/service. I realised later that 'Panda' is also my initials: PandA :D

Nowadays 'Panda' is often already taken, so I started using 'BWPanda' - 'BW' for Black and White (to differentiate from Red Pandas). Black and white is also how I tend to view the world ;)

My avatar is a smaller version of a larger logo I designed for myself to use on my personal website. It's meant to be a stylised version of a panda's face (eyes and nose anyway). You can see the larger version on an archived copy of my website: https://web.archive.org/web/20170707000 ... nda.id.au/