v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I AM BACK!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: I AM BACK!

Post by Firefly84 »

Urbain wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 pm Welcome back indeed! I hope the world domination through music is working for you. We could all use a little of that kind of benevolent dictatorial leadership.
rijackson741 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm In my younger years I ignored classical music, but after someone (my wife :D ) introduced me to it I found that like many genres of music, there's stuff I like and stuff I don't like. Some of it I like a lot. It's hard to pick a favorite, but perhaps Rachmaninov piano concerto 2.
rijackson, like you I was introduced to classical music and learned that I liked some of it. A roommate of mine from way back is a timpanist whose regular listening piqued my curiosity. I was sold when I got to be her page turner for Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony at a gala event. Existing among the entire symphony for an evening while those instruments were brought to life was one of the most moving, numinous experiences of my life. By the way, I don't read music. She had to nod every time she wanted me to turn the page :lol:
Turning pages for a pianist isn't easy even when you can read music.
I was doing this for some practices and the rehearsals until it struck me that I wasn't allowed to be on stage because of my state of health after the pneumonia embolism. :o
So I was in the OFF singing and conducting the choir for 4 days. It was extremely exhausting and painful. :cry:

I like any music that is good to sing or play (piano), mainly classical or musicals, but also pop and rock.
Not my thing is hard rock, metal and techno - there are exeptions but I have to consider my hearing.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

*nods the Danzo'n was spectacular. i am gonna investigate more on Antonio Marquez in due time. :3
in regards to my first symphony i have just to work on counterpoint. i am about 95% complete. :D

*looks up pneumonia embolism.

:O i might have signs of this due to inhaling pipe tobacco... and here i thought it was just emphysema that i have.

I probably won't do any SATB works... although it is tempting. Just to see if i can... though it may end up being like a half hour opera... in four languages.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Capeditiea wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 pm
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm
Voom wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm Don't ask how much I know.
How much do you know?

You knew that was coming, didn't you :mrgreen:

Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt is another favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8. My wife is very into Beethoven, but that doesn't do too much for me.
introduce her to Carl Maria von Weber, unless she heard his music before. :3 his symphony no. 1 is basically a "remix" of Beethoven's Symphonies. but Weber is more proficient in composing Operas.

@voom as well i shall listen to Danzan No. 2 as well as Grieg's Peer Gynt.

---edited for typo

---edited a second time to state,

aye, i am currently working on my first symphony. Which i am taking my time on, perfecting every imperfection as i go along and hear. :3
started back in Feb. 8, 2018.

Which will please many folk for many years to come. :D i am guessing the update and my syphony will come out around the same time. lol
That is so cool! Making your own symphony? Wow. I composed a piece of music using the piano as well. But it is personal and could never share with the public. But I hear it is very good from my family. I don't know how honest they were being but my mom wouldn't care about my feelings so I think she was being honest. And they really liked it. The thing is it is kinda short. Not a full anything.
Voom
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

My goddess, which dimension did i pop out of now...

:O it has been ten months. Sigh...

well, an update of things.

1. i am so happy that this finally gets an update.
2. i have been kinda composing and studying music even more so. :3
3. that symphony is no longer existant, i destroyed it. but wrote a new one. :D

4. i have gotten into Lynch films and Twin Peaks. :D

5. i shall post my new character Stats when i am around the BWM.
i am still in Crossglen. *nods, it was strange because i was randomly thinking about AT today.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Welcome back
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Welcome back Capeditiea.

Why did you destroy the symphony? I thought you had put a lot of work into that.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 am Welcome back Capeditiea.

Why did you destroy the symphony? I thought you had put a lot of work into that.
i found out i wasn't ready for it. :3 i still need to learn various things, like articulations and dynamics. (i have destroyed many other works of mine... most of the time, unintentionally. but, i came back from it with many more interesting pieces. after learning how vast of a range instuments can be.

I thank Penderecki for this. He takes cantabile to a whole new level with his Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima. *nods, it truely is a masterpiece.

I am currently studying the Classical and Romantic language and emotion. (last time i was on i was thinking of studying Medieval and Baroque language. Which i have conquered. Which my true official first symphony is subtitled as Baroque.)

I am currently working on a piece of a Capeditiean Octet, which the orchestration is something i have pioneered. :3 only on the third of four movements... the piece i worked on before was my first Piano Concerto. (which took me a month and a half to write. my average time in writing works is 25-30 days instead of a week or two.

(incase you are wondering...
capeditiea.zenseiderz.org/albums/ESC ...has a few of the MIDI works the symphony is there as well as the Piano Concerto among a Noize project an old recording of me playing the piano along with a variation (which was after some thought) the Suite for strings which is an arrangement of an arrangement of the works i destroyed last july.. or august. and the predisesir to the Capeditiean Octet. :3 i will have the Octet there when i finish though. if anything i would recommend the Piano Concerto. :D
)

what have you been up to?
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Capeditiea wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am what have you been up to?
The usual :) I have a company to run, AT stuff to develop, I travel too much for business and not enough for pleasure. Although, in March I have to be in Monterey, CA, on business, and I'm planning on a few extra days there :D . I am a fairly keen amateur photographer, and Monterey and the CA coast is a great place for photos :geek:
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

;)
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 am
Capeditiea wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am what have you been up to?
The usual :) I have a company to run, AT stuff to develop, I travel too much for business and not enough for pleasure. Although, in March I have to be in Monterey, CA, on business, and I'm planning on a few extra days there :D . I am a fairly keen amateur photographer, and Monterey and the CA coast is a great place for photos :geek:
*nods, is the photography for personal pleasure or public display?

:3 if for public display is there a location i can see them in? :D photographers have an interesting way of looking at life.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

At the moment it's just for personal pleasure. I have thought about setting up a website, but I've never found the time.