I AM BACK!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Firefly84
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: I AM BACK!

Post by Firefly84 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:49 am

Urbain wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 pm
Welcome back indeed! I hope the world domination through music is working for you. We could all use a little of that kind of benevolent dictatorial leadership.
rijackson741 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm
In my younger years I ignored classical music, but after someone (my wife :D ) introduced me to it I found that like many genres of music, there's stuff I like and stuff I don't like. Some of it I like a lot. It's hard to pick a favorite, but perhaps Rachmaninov piano concerto 2.
rijackson, like you I was introduced to classical music and learned that I liked some of it. A roommate of mine from way back is a timpanist whose regular listening piqued my curiosity. I was sold when I got to be her page turner for Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony at a gala event. Existing among the entire symphony for an evening while those instruments were brought to life was one of the most moving, numinous experiences of my life. By the way, I don't read music. She had to nod every time she wanted me to turn the page :lol:
Turning pages for a pianist isn't easy even when you can read music.
I was doing this for some practices and the rehearsals until it struck me that I wasn't allowed to be on stage because of my state of health after the pneumonia embolism. :o
So I was in the OFF singing and conducting the choir for 4 days. It was extremely exhausting and painful. :cry:

I like any music that is good to sing or play (piano), mainly classical or musicals, but also pop and rock.
Not my thing is hard rock, metal and techno - there are exeptions but I have to consider my hearing.
Firefly
Lvl: 109, XP: 23683768, Gold: 277300, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 2, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 468, AC: 272%, AD: 86-102, AP: 4, ECC:20, CM: -, BC: 126%, DR: 2

Capeditiea
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Capeditiea » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 pm

*nods the Danzo'n was spectacular. i am gonna investigate more on Antonio Marquez in due time. :3
in regards to my first symphony i have just to work on counterpoint. i am about 95% complete. :D

*looks up pneumonia embolism.

:O i might have signs of this due to inhaling pipe tobacco... and here i thought it was just emphysema that i have.

I probably won't do any SATB works... although it is tempting. Just to see if i can... though it may end up being like a half hour opera... in four languages.
Player Name: Capeditiea
Lvl: 61 HP: 152 AC: 264% AD: 22-32 CHS: 51 CM: 3.0 BC: 193% DR: 4
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Capeditiea wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 pm
rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm
Voom wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm
Don't ask how much I know.
How much do you know?

You knew that was coming, didn't you :mrgreen:

Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt is another favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8. My wife is very into Beethoven, but that doesn't do too much for me.
introduce her to Carl Maria von Weber, unless she heard his music before. :3 his symphony no. 1 is basically a "remix" of Beethoven's Symphonies. but Weber is more proficient in composing Operas.

@voom as well i shall listen to Danzan No. 2 as well as Grieg's Peer Gynt.

---edited for typo

---edited a second time to state,

aye, i am currently working on my first symphony. Which i am taking my time on, perfecting every imperfection as i go along and hear. :3
started back in Feb. 8, 2018.

Which will please many folk for many years to come. :D i am guessing the update and my syphony will come out around the same time. lol
That is so cool! Making your own symphony? Wow. I composed a piece of music using the piano as well. But it is personal and could never share with the public. But I hear it is very good from my family. I don't know how honest they were being but my mom wouldn't care about my feelings so I think she was being honest. And they really liked it. The thing is it is kinda short. Not a full anything.
Voomster Lvl 23 |HP 52 |AC 173% |AD 17-52 |ECC 20% |CM 3.0 |BC 61% |DR 2 Build 2/3221/0

Voomboy Retired at 41 and is reading The Fey of Feygard
Voom Retired at 46 and took up translating