v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I AM BACK!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

I AM BACK!

Post by Capeditiea »

yes. As folk may (or not) remember me... i spent the last almost a year or so devizing plans on taking over the world. Turns out i found the answer about a month ago. :D Classical Music.
anyways, i spent many years thinking devestated by how i have lost my long lost account of AT where i had a RoLS (from which is all i remember...)
(which suprizingly i obtained in probably .1% of the time as before, so now, i have finished all the quests, went to all the maps, and now i am simply, ruthlessly grinding to get all the rare+ items for completion purposes.

i hear there will be an update? this year some time... -_- it better happen or i may have to turn into a Slave Queen... because... one or more of us are anxiously awaiting for ver. 0.8.0 :D

but jokes aside. How has all the OGs here been?

also tragic news, since starting my forte of Classical music i have decided not to study game development... T.T learning both subjects is a challenge and takes away time from watching anime. so i took out game developing from the list because anime and music are far too important to me. plus i am patient enough to wait for AT ver 0.8.0

*awaits quietly to see if any remember who Capeditiea is...
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: I AM BACK!

Post by Zukero »

WB capeditiea. I remember you posted a link to your electronic music, that you made in collaboration with a friend. I listened to some of it, but can't really say that it suited me :D
Good luck with classical music. Do you play any specific instrument or do you plan on focusing on composition or analysis?
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

I can play the piano.
most string instruments seems easy to learn. but can play them slightly, (in my own way.) same goes for the flute.
most reed and brass instruments are my weakpoint since i don't have the trained lungs.

i wanna just compose so far i am working on Op005 Cello Concerto No. 1 "The Monster"

my mental issues kinda hinders public performances.

my site is under construction, with a new facelift. so if you wanna hear what i've done you are more than welcome. :3
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Sure, I remember you :) Welcome back :D

Sorry to hear you lost your savegame with a RoLS. I'm so paranoid about that I have mine backed up on three different machines and a portable drive :lol:

Yes, we are getting ever nearer to an update. Near enough that I would be surprised, and personally very disappointed, if it did not happen this year.

In my younger years I ignored classical music, but after someone (my wife :D ) introduced me to it I found that like many genres of music, there's stuff I like and stuff I don't like. Some of it I like a lot. It's hard to pick a favorite, but perhaps Rachmaninov piano concerto 2.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

Rachmoninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 is also one of my most listened to. :D

i also like Beethoven's Ghost Trio, Brahms' Symphony No. 1, Mahler's Symphony No. 10 (unfinished), and of course Hisaishi's Mononoke Hime Symphonic Suite.

But my favourite would be Sorabji. :D (which he is probably underground... yet at the same time (through careful research) also known as the most crazy.) :3 but Him and I have a lot of the same values to music...
then there is one i recently found out the other day, Martinu, whom also matches my personality... outside of music.

What is your wife's favourite(s)?

*nods, i just copied a back up of my current character to my external. so i don't have to test my luck on getting the dreaded and beautiful RoLS... but this round after i collect all the rare+ items i will grind for 1+ more RoLS because i have decided to become a RoLS collector. :3 for the "in your face" reason. since we all know there are a few who don't think they exist...
suddenly, we enter into Cap's delusional state of mind.

them: "they don't exist"
me: "i have 95 of them." *screenshots "see"
them: (insert random words that express shock, suprize, and such.)
we escape, Cap's state of mind.

not like it will happen any time soon... i am thinking it may be well into 2034 or something...
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

My favorite is Danzon No. 2. The best piece of classical music I know....

Don't ask how much I know.
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Voom wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm Don't ask how much I know.
How much do you know?

You knew that was coming, didn't you :mrgreen:

Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt is another favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8. My wife is very into Beethoven, but that doesn't do too much for me.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

That's a secret. Hahaha
Voom
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Welcome back indeed! I hope the world domination through music is working for you. We could all use a little of that kind of benevolent dictatorial leadership.
rijackson741 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm In my younger years I ignored classical music, but after someone (my wife :D ) introduced me to it I found that like many genres of music, there's stuff I like and stuff I don't like. Some of it I like a lot. It's hard to pick a favorite, but perhaps Rachmaninov piano concerto 2.
rijackson, like you I was introduced to classical music and learned that I liked some of it. A roommate of mine from way back is a timpanist whose regular listening piqued my curiosity. I was sold when I got to be her page turner for Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony at a gala event. Existing among the entire symphony for an evening while those instruments were brought to life was one of the most moving, numinous experiences of my life. By the way, I don't read music. She had to nod every time she wanted me to turn the page :lol:
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm
Voom wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm Don't ask how much I know.
How much do you know?

You knew that was coming, didn't you :mrgreen:

Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt is another favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8. My wife is very into Beethoven, but that doesn't do too much for me.
introduce her to Carl Maria von Weber, unless she heard his music before. :3 his symphony no. 1 is basically a "remix" of Beethoven's Symphonies. but Weber is more proficient in composing Operas.

@voom as well i shall listen to Danzan No. 2 as well as Grieg's Peer Gynt.

---edited for typo

---edited a second time to state,

aye, i am currently working on my first symphony. Which i am taking my time on, perfecting every imperfection as i go along and hear. :3
started back in Feb. 8, 2018.

Which will please many folk for many years to come. :D i am guessing the update and my syphony will come out around the same time. lol