v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Playing the game at level 5

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Playing the game at level 5

Post by Mad P »

Oops - I unintended violated a rule. I should have posted this topic in the Tavern section, it's not exactly game discussion. :oops:
My excuses to kabbie1882 and all the forum people - I too want to keep the forums clean and usable.
Should someone be able to move this topic to the Tavern - feel free...

Back to the story: I was standing between the pine trees in front of the Blackwater Mountain. The town of Prim is near, and I have the luxury of 1 whole meat to get me out of here. Not that I need food, I'm faster than the wolves! Run run run, no grey or black doggies can catch me!
Well, except for one of the last, where I tried to run past but it didn't work this time.
It shouldn't have done that, now sadly the animal lies still forever...(I'll burn a candle when they implement one ;) )

Now, in Prim Guthberd told me to get some proof. Okay, but first: let's get some health-boosters.
Prim, always moaning about falling supplies, actually has an endless supply of regular health potions (when you ask for mead)
More than enough to see me pass the minetunnels, back to my hometown and, more important, the snakecaves.

This time I shopped the caves till I had some 500 snakemeats, that should be enough to get up the Blackwater Mountain twice more.
I also took some bonemeal potions - although that seems a waste with my 25 max HP...

On the matter of getting back to the mountain I had a cunning plan:
Trying to get the boots of Vacor (which will give me some much needed extra ac), I would have to kill the 4 bandits that could kill me with one critical strike alone. That was why I had been avoiding this quest, but now it actually fitted in my plans: If I succeeded I would get the boots, if I didn't succeed than I would be "dirtydingo'd" back to the abandonned cabin where I could proceed to find proof of the evil and wicked deeds harlenn has been doing to poor Prim.
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

So glad you made it down and past the mountain wolves and the dogs to Prim. And back to the snake caves and bone meal potion seller. I was one of those sending you good vibes and hoping you were all right. I'm glad all our good wishes reached you and inspired you to continue. Good luck on your next trip up the mountain. At least this time you know what to expect.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

go little dude! :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

The good vibes are still working!
I had no trouble with the shady bandits or Vacor, so I'm wearing his boots as a souvenir now. They smell, really :roll:

But since I didn't die this way, I went to a boar to get the job done.
It took him like 14 rounds :lol: , but then he finally sends me straight back over the mountaintops to the abandoned cabin
Now, back to work with hundreds of meats and bonemeals this time...
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pretty smart having the boar help you get to the cabin instead of walking all the way back.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mad I just have to ask:

Which quests have you managed to finish so far? and what kinds of weapons/equipment are you using? The world is a big scary place while at lvl 5.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

Quests so far: breakfast bread, rats!, missing husband, rat infestation, disallowed substance, fallen friends, key of Luthor, Drunken tale, Calomyran secrets, Ancient secrets, Missing pieces, trusting an outsider, kaori's errands, uncertain cause, spies in the foam, the agent and the beast, well rested.
Awoken from slumber and Clouded intent started (halfway)

Equipment: leather cap, hardened leather shirt, jewel of fallhaven/Irogotu's necklace, Steel sword, 2 rings of damage +6, fine gloves of swift attack, Vacor's boots.
One ring will be replaced by Harlenns ring of Shadow Embrace.

Still, it's so very hard to hit a though venomfang or kill a white wyrm with an AC of 115% :x

If I can manage to finish clouded intent, I think I have sufficiently proven the 0.6.9 game is still playable (though barely) with a level 5 character.
0.6.10 will be a whole new challenge, but there's also some new equipment (villain's ring, wooden defender, gloves of life force, balanced steel sword) to help me out. I'll also get ONE skillpoint!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

you are an inspiration, sir!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mad P wrote:Quests so far: breakfast bread, rats!, missing husband, rat infestation, disallowed substance, fallen friends, key of Luthor, Drunken tale, Calomyran secrets, Ancient secrets, Missing pieces, trusting an outsider, kaori's errands, uncertain cause, spies in the foam, the agent and the beast, well rested.
Awoken from slumber and Clouded intent started (halfway)

Equipment: leather cap, hardened leather shirt, jewel of fallhaven/Irogotu's necklace, Steel sword, 2 rings of damage +6, fine gloves of swift attack, Vacor's boots.
One ring will be replaced by Harlenns ring of Shadow Embrace.

Still, it's so very hard to hit a though venomfang or kill a white wyrm with an AC of 115% :x

If I can manage to finish clouded intent, I think I have sufficiently proven the 0.6.9 game is still playable (though barely) with a level 5 character.
0.6.10 will be a whole new challenge, but there's also some new equipment (villain's ring, wooden defender, gloves of life force, balanced steel sword) to help me out. I'll also get ONE skillpoint!
hahaha maybe after you finish your quest you will take a wack at the Lvl 1 challange. It's alot harder than i expected.

I wish you luck on your adventures. Fight hard and run fast my friend. happy trails

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Mad P

Post by Mad P »

hahaha maybe after you finish your quest you will take a wack at the Lvl 1 challange. It's alot harder than i expected.
Honestly I don't think the level 1 challenge will be harder than my daredevil's adventure...

Sure, I've got 4 more levels (3*AC, 1*AD) BUT
1) I'll allow no saving and reloading: when I die I have to try again
2) Three strikes and I'm out. If I die three times against the same monster type, it's game over.
3) My purpose is to achieve challenges, not just quests. So, I WILL go trying to grab the shadow priests dagger at level 5... :shock:
4) Last (not least): the 1.6.9 challenges I have finished with 1.6.9 equipment only. Low-level questing all comes down to three points: patience, health-supply and hitpoints. And with 1.6.9 there's simply no additional hitpoints to come by - only the ring of shadow embrace (also no villains ring, balanced steelsword, wooden defender, and more great stuff).

Still, I'm very impressed by the very very fast achievements from the lvl 1 challengers!!
I know how hard low level questing can be, high on the mountains of Blackwater, so I take my hat off for all the brave heroes out there in the snow!
Chapeau!
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0