v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Playing the game at level 5

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Playing the game at level 5

Post by Mino »

I've also enjoyed reading about your level 5 adventures and look forward to reading more.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I add my voice to the chorus calling for you to continue your tale.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Well I left the Kazaul shrine with nothing. Could not cope anymore. Leaving a trail of small rocks was a great help. Getting out through the dark was easy this time. I left to persue the ElyR mainly because it's quicker to level up.

Mad P let us hear more about your level 5 adventures.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

Thanx all of you, its so nice to read your encouraging replies!
I will continue my tale, but one thing I can tell you: the road gets harder and harder...

@nezkeys79: I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. If I restrict myself to the diet of 2 DR minimum AND healing when I fall below 18 HP, I found I rarely die. Iruguto with his high potential damage, 3*critical and multiple attack per round was a risk, as was the radiation demon. The vast majority of the monsters don't have that combination though (note that I smoothly avoided those shady bandits). So I'm safe mostly. But - that will change soon....
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

Little kid smiles all the way back to the snake caves, thinks he can beat the world - to start with.
Sure enough, the snakes fall and the meats get in. The next trip to come will see him in some dark tunnels far beneath the surface, so some food will come in handy.
Fully loaded on snack and supplies he gets off: 200 meat, 100 bonemeals (and, in a flashback to some previous life, he also takes 5 milk with him just to be sure).

Little kid was never any good with math, that was why he started adventuring in the first place.
Now it will come down on him really hard. He should have calculated in the fact that there was no food to be bought on the other side...

Now he moves on:
The first part isn't that hard at all: there's no need to pick a fight with the range of canines found on the way to mountain - don't need experience, don't need gold and can't afford to lose hitpoint for no reason. Still, the youngest hero Flagstone ever saw is on the wrong side already. The monsters here last longer and will therefore cost far more meat than they yield.

Evasion is the key.

Behind the logs, there's a chokepoint guarded by a gornaud. A young one, still with some considerable constitution, 70 HP. Difficulty is rated as Normal, but it turns out like this:
me: attack (miss), attack (-22 HP)
gornaud: hit (-7 HP), hit (-4 HP)
me: heal (meat 1), attack (miss)
gornaud: hit (-4 HP), hit (-11 HP)
me: heal (meat 2), attack (miss)
gornaud: hit (-9 HP), hit (-7 HP)
me: heal (meat 3), attack (miss)
gornaud: hit (-1 HP), hit (-13 HP)
me: heal (meat 4), attack (-24 HP)
gornaud: hit (-0 HP), hit (-4 HP)
me: heal (meat 5), attack (-20 HP)
gornaud: hit (-0 HP), hit (-4 HP)
me: hit - victory.

That's 5 meat for a single, young, gornaud. And I'm not even inside the tunnels. ..
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

It's good to mention our little hero slept a quiet sleep in the cosy inn of forgotten Prim!

So far so good, but the meat supply is down to 129 :(
Our Tom Thumb took out the Gornauds time and again, sometimes bothered by blue snakes.

Well, if a snake is blue by nature I think it isn't meant for survival in the long run, so I helped a hand in the inevitable. ;)
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

Good to see you continue your story. I have enjoyed reading it as well.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

I've been reading on this forum the road to blackwater should not be taken too lightly - level 22 and lots of supplies will do.
Well, here's this level 5 kid with his dumb experiment, going from his comfy bed in Prim to the mountains nearby.

Still, the same rules apply: three deaths against the same monster-type and the experiment is over. Also, I cannot use the reload-till-I-got-aq-favourable-result, as this would make the whole experiment worthless.

But I may be cautious, avoiding everything I don't have to fight. And right here up this mountain, I'm a real coward. To start with the beginning: The green grass wasn't that peaceful, with grey and black doggies hunting me down and jumping at me while I was trying to sneak past them. Someone really should keep them on a leash when there are kids playing in the park :cry:

Tunnels, serpents and horrible monsters were ahead. I had a vast supply of snake-meat and I needed it. Strong Gornaud aren't exactly strong, but they are though. Eating and eating, even this 25 HP could manage to survive.

When the tunnels finally gives way to the icefields, the sun comes out and luck is on my side: all hatchlings can be evaded! Only unspeakable snowmen stand in my way and the aren't much of a problem.

So, with only 89 of my original 200 meats left, I reach the safety of an empty house. I'm weary, I need some sleep...!

For those of you who can't believe the unbelievable fact a level 5 can go up the mountain this far, I will try to add the safegame (hope it works - nope, it says the extension is not allowed :( )
Mad P

Post by Mad P »

Thinking ahead: if I get hit with fatigue - no, let's call it "when", not "if" - and I eat 1 meat, there will be no attack left. Seems a sure way to blow this experiment. So I have to equip the fallhaven jewel (reducing my DR). I will try to keep my steel sword as long as possible, because of the high damage and attack change. Attack change will become a real problem, as my 106% will be a lot below the 130% BC of the wyrms. The change-to-hit graph is not lineair, so I'm on the receiving end this time.

Should I make it to Blackwater, I'll probably don't have enough meat left to go back through the wyrms and trainers. Because experience is not a factor in this experiment, I'll try the "dirtydingo route" downwards.

Final note: 25 HP isn't very efficient or funny. I'll side with Prim if I'm able to reach Blackwater - so maybe I can get a ring with some HPs...
test1
android_version: 2.2

Post by test1 »

Thanks for keeping us informed on how the little adventurer is doing. Your story is very entertaining and at times, when I got frustrated with the game, it reminded me .... "it's just a game".
LVL: 91
XP: 13,866,284
HP: 98
AC: 268%
AD: 34-41
AP: 4
CC: 36%
CM: 3.0
BC: 172%
DR: 4
RoLS: 2
ElyR: 1