new skill: unarmed strike OR "nerf" weaponless combat

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: new skill: unarmed strike OR "nerf" weaponless combat

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Ha Ha! Like cavity search gloves of wounding? Latex gloves of fear? Rubber gloves of doom?
Actually some chain/plate gloves would be a good addition. Currently there is a pretty good choice of gloves in the game as it goes.

Another idea would be Bandit's Gloves - 15% chance of extra loot, 20% chance of extra gold.

I'll shut up now
Latex and rubber in the time of Andor? I don't think so!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
logopile
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by logopile »

tek wrote:
Piggy the Slayer wrote:Ha Ha! Like cavity search gloves of wounding? Latex gloves of fear? Rubber gloves of doom?
Actually some chain/plate gloves would be a good addition. Currently there is a pretty good choice of gloves in the game as it goes.

Another idea would be Bandit's Gloves - 15% chance of extra loot, 20% chance of extra gold.

I'll shut up now
Latex and rubber in the time of Andor? I don't think so!
:? i have no idea what you mean by the "time" of andor. at the time folks were running amok, clouting each other with steel swords, there is no evidence of there being wyrms or giant bees...so, i think we can safely disregard history in our discussions.
however, if you insist, i'd have to answer by saying that rubber comes from a plant which grows mainly (entirely?) in the southern hemisphere. ancient people who lived where that plant grows used the gum from the plant for many things, but never got around to making gloves from it, for much the same reason they never got around to making raincoats out of it; it's pretty hot, there, so who wants more clothes? also, from what i've seen on NatGeo, their hands and feet are pretty tough, from doing jungle stuff, so they wouldn't be interested in using it for protection.
now, in the colder northern climes, the concept of gloves probably caught on quickly, but there weren't any of the plants that produce rubber. so, the only thing preventing those folks from producing rubber gloves was that nobody had travelled far enough south to discover rubber producing plants.
so, as soon as the southern road opens up, we might get somewhere hot enough for rubber trees to grow, and make rubber gloves available.
since you insist on being "historical" about it. :lol:
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
Shipteez
android_version: 3.0

Post by Shipteez »

What about the intestine lining of animals... would not that be water proof?

Cavity Gloves of Greater Rupture... which I guess would imply lesser rupture. I guess gloves of wounding just wasn't working for me since the only thing being wounded was Andor's enemie's pride. Its to late to ponder such deep theories.