Edit saved game files ??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Edit saved game files ??

Post by Black Wind »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:Then I don't understand. I thought you already picked up the pile...
No, just ordered it. (Unless you only have one of everything in your inventory.)

The pickup is done one item at a time unless you use the "Pickup All" button.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:Then I don't understand. I thought you already picked up the pile...
c) ...click once...
Black Wind wrote:The pickup is done one item at a time unless you use the "Pickup All" button.
I did forget about this useful button. Thanks.

I edited the instructions above.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

Samuel wrote:I did forget about this useful button. Thanks.

I edited the instructions above.
No problem. Thought the list of steps looked too long but couldn't figured out why. :D
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Ahhhh, I get it. Makes sense now. Thanks again!
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Samuel wrote: There is a far easier way to do this:
a) drop everything to one pile
b) enable the option to show the loot dialog
c) pick up the pile - click once on each item in the loot dialog (in the order you want them to be shown in your inventory)
d) click the pick up all button
That is the same way i have used to orginize my inventory.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

When I dropped everything in one pile and clicked on one thing to try to pick it up, nothing happened. It was pick up everything, obviously not getting it sorted, or nothing, also not sorting anything. I do not know why it did this, but that was what happened. Therefore, I adopted the method I described. Somehow, the large number of items made the pickup not work properly, and I thought other phones might do the same thing.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

We are way off topic here. Thread subject is "edit saved game files", not "sort item inventory". :D
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
alquimista

Leveling & Hex explination

Post by alquimista »

lady black wrote:To Cyracus,
You can find out about the experience/level type questions quite easily using the formula: level#^2*55. It is probably more work to edit the file for the answer.
I understand what you are saying, that knowing that number might help people find other important hex values to edit. However, I just thought I'd point out that L^2*55 does not equal total experience points. L^2*55 = Level: meter denominator.

Example:

Code: Select all

Level               99
Total experience    17520195
Action points (AP): 10/10
Move cost (AP):     6
HP:    [--------95/100--------]
Level: [--------0/539055------]
As you can see, if "Level:" was a fraction, the denominator would be your equation (L^2*55). But the minimum "Total Experience" points for level L is (n(n+1)(2n+1)/6)*55 where n=(L-1). That would make your health meter look like "Level: 0/539055". To be clear, I'm thinking of the level meter bar like its a ratio of how many points you have gathered since your last level up, to how many points you need to level up.

The spoiler below really is a spoiler for people with hex editors and a penchant for fiddling with numbers. So don't click on show, unless you really are interested in how the game works, or just plain have fun editing hex files (like me).
If one happened to find the hex value for their current level, *cough* 11 bytes back from the first letter of your first item *cough*, they might notice that the hex value for their current total experience is right in front of them. Actually its in the 4 bytes after the hex value for their level. But if you wanted to enter a new value for your level, say level 99, you'd have to enter 63 in place of say 01. Then you'd have to edit that total experience value to something greater than 17520195, otherwise you'd have a negative number in the numerator of your Level meter. So you'd enter 01 0B 56 43 at a minimum.

If you wanted to edit and or compare to a brand new character, not even gotten out of bed. Here's what it looks like: (Note that ASCII club1 = 63 6C 75 62 31 in hex)
Before Edit:
level 1, 1 exp , 12 gold
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 03 00 05 63 6C 75 62 31
After Edit:
level 99, 17520195 exp, 12 gold
63 01 0B 56 43 00 00 00 03 00 05 63 6C 75 62 31
The 03 in both cases is the number of items in your inventory for a brand new character, and the 05 represents the number of characters in the string "club1" (psst, the amount of clubs, or any item, you have in your inventory is just 3 bytes over from the last letter in the item name).

Alot of the stats for your character are pretty close to the name of your character. Not in the header string (about 6 bytes over from offset 0x00, aka the start of the file). The header string appears in ascii text editors, which is what probably confused some people earlier on. It looks like "name level 1, 1 exp, 12 gold" that just displays on the load game menu. That first blank set of bytes looks like
00 00 00 19 00 04 6E 61 6D 65 00 17 6C 65 76 65 6C 20 31 2C 20 31 20 65 78 70 2C 20 31 32 20 67 6F 6C 64
Don't bother editing that. The game (as of version 6.9 i think) will actually fix it for you if you edit any of your stat values. If you want to edit the name, edit the one that appears much later on in the file. In most hex editors, you should be able to highlight the code or the text for your name and just start entering something over it. That will keep the hex offsets in the right positions, otherwise the game won't load.

The name is really easy to find on a brand new character, but its easy to find on an old savegame as well. Depending on your hex editor you may have to scroll down a bit, cause even a brand new file is 6780 bytes, that's alot of hex pairs on an old droid. From there, you'll see that Move cost is 4 bytes over from the last letter in your name. Um, Attack cost is 4 bytes over from that. Current Max AP is 3 bytes before the first character of your name. Current max HP is 4 bytes over from that.

There's a fairly obvious grouping pattern for charater stats. There's also an interesting larger scale grouping of quest logs, monsters/peeps you've killed, your inventory, etc etc. Not in that order though, but it helps to learn the order if you want to play around with the hex code alot.

I hope that helps everybody. I could post a full on map of the hex code, byte by byte, if anyone is interested, but that might be a bit much since we're all really here to have fun. And there's no reason to have to edit the hex code unless your just curious and that's something fun for you to do, or you really do want to rename characters by what paths they/you chose.
Have fun! I know I am. ;)

And I'm spent.
-ALQI
No I didn't spell check, and I have to get back to work.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

alquimista wrote:
You can find out about the experience/level type questions quite easily using the formula: level#^2*55. It is probably more work to edit the file for the answer.
I understand what you are saying, that knowing that number might help people find other important hex values to edit. However, I just thought I'd point out that L^2*55 does not equal total experience points. L^2*55 = Level: meter denominator.

Example:

Level               99
As you can see, if "Level:" was a fraction, the denominator would be your equation (L^2*55). But the minimum "Total Experience" points for level L is (n(n+1)(2n+1)/6)*55 where n=(L-1). That would make your health meter look like "Level: 0/539055". To be clear, I'm thinking of the level meter bar like its a ratio of how many points you have gathered since your last level up, to how many points you need to level up.

The spoiler below really is a spoiler for people with hex editors and a penchant for fiddling with numbers. So don't click on show, unless you really are interested in how the game works, or just plain have fun editing hex files (like me).
If one happened to find the hex value for their current level, *cough* 11 bytes back from the first letter of your first item *cough*, they might notice that the hex value for their current total experience is right in front of them. Actually its in the 4 bytes after the hex value for their level. But if you wanted to enter a new value for your level, say level 99, you'd have to enter 63 in place of say 01. Then you'd have to edit that total experience value to something greater than 17520195, otherwise you'd have a negative number in the numerator of your Level meter. So you'd enter 01 0B 56 43 at a minimum.

If you wanted to edit and or compare to a brand new character, not even gotten out of bed. Here's what it looks like: (Note that ASCII club1 = 63 6C 75 62 31 in hex)
Before Edit:
level 1, 1 exp , 12 gold
After Edit:
The 03 in both cases is the number of items in your inventory for a brand new character, and the 05 represents the number of characters in the string "club1" (psst, the amount of clubs, or any item, you have in your inventory is just 3 bytes over from the last letter in the item name).

Alot of the stats for your character are pretty close to the name of your character. Not in the header string (about 6 bytes over from offset 0x00, aka the start of the file). The header string appears in ascii text editors, which is what probably confused some people earlier on. It looks like "name level 1, 1 exp, 12 gold" that just displays on the load game menu. That first blank set of bytes looks like
00 00 00 19 00 04 6E 61 6D 65 00 17 6C 65 76 65 6C 20 31 2C 20 31 20 65 78 70 2C 20 31 32 20 67 6F 6C 64
Don't bother editing that. The game (as of version 6.9 i think) will actually fix it for you if you edit any of your stat values. If you want to edit the name, edit the one that appears much later on in the file. In most hex editors, you should be able to highlight the code or the text for your name and just start entering something over it. That will keep the hex offsets in the right positions, otherwise the game won't load.

The name is really easy to find on a brand new character, but its easy to find on an old savegame as well. Depending on your hex editor you may have to scroll down a bit, cause even a brand new file is 6780 bytes, that's alot of hex pairs on an old droid. From there, you'll see that Move cost is 4 bytes over from the last letter in your name. Um, Attack cost is 4 bytes over from that. Current Max AP is 3 bytes before the first character of your name. Current max HP is 4 bytes over from that.

There's a fairly obvious grouping pattern for charater stats. There's also an interesting larger scale grouping of quest logs, monsters/peeps you've killed, your inventory, etc etc. Not in that order though, but it helps to learn the order if you want to play around with the hex code alot.

I hope that helps everybody. I could post a full on map of the hex code, byte by byte, if anyone is interested, but that might be a bit much since we're all really here to have fun. And there's no reason to have to edit the hex code unless your just curious and that's something fun for you to do, or you really do want to rename characters by what paths they/you chose.

And I'm spent.
-ALQI
Wonderful first post! Welcome to the forums!
Great work! +10! If you ever have any questions please let us know. :)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Pyrizzle wrote:
alquimista wrote:

Example:

Level               99

Before Edit:
level 1, 1 exp , 12 gold
After Edit:

And I'm spent.
-ALQI
Wonderful first post! Welcome to the forums!
Great work! +10! If you ever have any questions please let us know. :)
Very interesting. I enjoyed reading the post even if I never get to edit hex.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8