v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New skill-type feature: class

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

New skill-type feature: class

Post by duallifes »

I dont know if this has been suggested already, but I was wondering if class-type feature would fit in to the game.
Now dont get me wrong, I am not suggestion that when you start the game, you choose if you want to be "Warrior", "Rogue" or "Magician".

All I am suggesting is that at certain lvl, make it 30 or 40, you can choose new kind of skill, which isnt actually a skill, but more like a skill set.

ie. Berserker skill set, which gives you +X% damage to all hits, -X% to BC and unable to flee from combat.
This must not be anything too good, more like it could adjust how you play, not to overpower you.
And into addition to even getting this skill set, it has requirements, like: AP200+, lvl 30(or 40), etc.

The point of these is that they do not give only positive effects, but also negative which will effect your playing style.
There would be other skill sets for differend playing styles, like
Defender +hpmax +bc% -ac% -dam%
Stealth (ie. +50% crit chance for first hit (surprise), but after 5 rounds, -5dam (stacks up every 5 rounds))
and so on...
Feel free to comment and adjust the idea :)
Just edited out a typo
Last edited by duallifes on Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: New skill-type feature: class

Post by Sarumar »

+1, I like idea of skills with positive and negative effeckt
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
thk
android_version: 4.0

Post by thk »

I like this. I would probably not call this a skill, rather a specialization that you can choose, if you so wish, at a certain level.
Another idea would be to connect this specialization to a quest. For example, there is a thieves guild already -- add a warriors guild and whatever else guilds may come to mind, and give the player the choice to join one (and only one) of these guilds. Joining would be connected to a quest which, when finished would lead to said specialization. This would also go in the spirit of Oskar's statement that he likes to 'present players with tough choices' :)
Level: 30, XP: 514147, Gold: 23814
HP: 67(60), AC: 177(110)%, AD: 21-28(20), CC: 16%, CM: 3.0, BC: 51(0)%, DR: 1(0)
Combat Speed: 2
Increased Fortitude: 2
Regeneration: 2
Pure Blood: 1
Dark blessing of the Shadow: 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

thk wrote:I like this. I would probably not call this a skill, rather a specialization that you can choose, if you so wish, at a certain level.
Another idea would be to connect this specialization to a quest. For example, there is a thieves guild already -- add a warriors guild and whatever else guilds may come to mind, and give the player the choice to join one (and only one) of these guilds. Joining would be connected to a quest which, when finished would lead to said specialization. This would also go in the spirit of Oskar's statement that he likes to 'present players with tough choices' :)
+1, Excellent idea :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Oskar has stated that he would rather not have anything like classes. But, barring that, I do like the skill set idea. You could even mix and match from different skill sets to make your perfect vision of a class, say buccaneer or assassin.

That being said, we do have skill sets, in a way, already. Take a look at your list of skills and how some won't work without one or two other skills. In order to get some skills you need to concentrate on others also. I don't think it would be difficult to create skill type sets even without separating them into groups.

If you have ideas for skills you think would make a good "set", post 'em together. ;)