Damaged weapons and armours

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Damaged weapons and armours

Post by Sarumar »

How about if weapons and armor can be dull, etc after sometime. Lets say something like 1- 3% chance after ewery battle some of yours eguipped item suffers some damage like -25% to all of its stats and you need to go see smith, etc to fix it for some price.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Damaged weapons and armours

Post by Antison »

I like this idea as long as legendary & extraordinary items are excluded.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

Good idea +1
But wearing off should not be random. Don't want to sit between Irdeghs or spiders when my DoSP breaks out of a sudden.
I think l&e items should should not be excluded, as long as they can be repaired. Maybe some toy gear could break beyond repair.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I don't like it. It would make leveling up too difficult. I mean, I couldn't save enough money to buy any decent gear before lv 10. I couldn't even buy potions, only bread, as they were cheapest. Putting something like this on top of magaging all of those fees would make the game unexplorable for anyone who's playing from lv1-10. I'm sure this would discourage all of us noobs and newbies from playing the game.

How about this really awesome piece of weapon at Loadar's hideaway which is poisonous and needs to be re-poisoned every once in a while? It would give everyone a reason for hurrying to Lodar's hideaway. Plus, this way newbies wouldn't have to be intimidated by the game. :D
Hey guys, I'm back.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Wyrmspawn wrote:I don't like it. It would make leveling up too difficult. I mean, I couldn't save enough money to buy any decent gear before lv 10. I couldn't even buy potions, only bread, as they were cheapest. Putting something like this on top of magaging all of those fees would make the game unexplorable for anyone who's playing from lv1-10. I'm sure this would discourage all of us noobs and newbies from playing the game.

How about this really awesome piece of weapon at Loadar's hideaway which is poisonous and needs to be re-poisoned every once in a while? It would give everyone a reason for hurrying to Lodar's hideaway. Plus, this way newbies wouldn't have to be intimidated by the game. :D
good points here, how about this; weapons and items cannot be affected this before player hit some level (i suggest 20) and/or when player have first time over some amound of gold (i suggest 5000) ?

And some items may have special effeckt "unbreakable"
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Bard

Post by Bard »

the first weapons could be broken from the start ;) so it would make them better if you repair them, but you would not have to!
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Bard wrote:the first weapons could be broken from the start ;) so it would make them better if you repair them, but you would not have to!
So instead of a club (the first weapon you own in game) you would have a club with a spike in it? :lol: :D :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bard

Post by Bard »

I thought about a blunt kitchen knife ...
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

+1 I love it and hate it, but it's a good idea, lol. :lol:

I always hated weapon weapon wear in games. :lol:

That being said, if implemented well it could add a lot of flavor to the game. Damage to equipped items should be gradual and a low percentage chance, with a lower percentage critical chance on the damage.

It would also be nice if when the smith was repairing your equipment, he/she would also have a chance to critical, causing an item to gain permanent extra durability. Say a sword had 30 durability. That durability would then be 35. ;)

One thing I do not agree with is when the damage of a weapon lowers with durability. I used swords in real life (Renaissance festivals) and I can tell you that a sword with some nicks in it does just as much damage as when it was new.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13 wrote:One thing I do not agree with is when the damage of a weapon lowers with durability. I used swords in real life (Renaissance festivals) and I can tell you that a sword with some nicks in it does just as much damage as when it was new.
Actually it would most likely due more damage since it would act more like a saw than a knife.

As far as weapons wear and tear goes: Not really a fan of this idea. *shrug*

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!