Faction based skills

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Faction based skills

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I just saw stuff about faction based equipment, but what if the factions have their own battlemasters who would teach you skills?
Such as one such battlemaster in every single city they control, and two in their capitals. If there is a conflict between two factions in a town, the character would have to do favours for one battlemaster against (the)other battlemaster(s), before the battlemaster you did a favour for would teach you his/her faction based skill.

Here are some ideas:
Nor city:
Shadowy form: Increases block chance by 10% on every level, max 5.
Shadow worship: Worship the Shadow before every self-initiated battle, gaining+10% attack chance, block chance, and effective crit. chance. Lasts for 3 more rounds on every level, max level 3.
Shadowy gift: Allows you to steal 1 hp from the enemy on every hit, +1 hp steal on every lv up, max3.

Feygard:
Uniform equipment: Allows you to take better care of your equipment, gaining +15% effectiveness on your gear for every level, max 5.
Iron constitution: Allows you to increase your health by 20 and damage resistance by one on every level, max 2.
Chivalrous combat: Forces your opponent to fight according to the rules of chivalry, rendering cowardly critical hits uneffective upon you. max 1.

Thieves guild:
Quickfingers: Allows you to steal gold from the opponent you're fighting, even if you lose.
Weapon poisoning: Allows you to poison your weapon prior to combat, giving it a 10% chance to inflict poison, feebleness,(-2 attack damage and 10% attack and defense chance) and such.
Hit and run: Allows you to minus 1 ap cost on attack and move cost. Attack point cost min. of 1. move cost min of 1. No limit besides that.

Just some ideass. If I missed some factions, pardon me. I don't know enough about Kazaul to give him his battlemaster in Blackwater or Prim.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Autolycus
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Faction based skills

Post by Autolycus »

Some of the stuff seems a bit over-balenced, although I like the idea of a bonus for helping a specific group
Lvl: 32 | XP: 603484 | AP: 12/5 | HP: 95 | AC: 175% | AD: 31-55 | CHS: -10 | CM: - | BC: 72% | DR: 0
WA: 1 | HH: 1 | CS: 2 | IF: 2 | AP:H: 1 | FS:2H: 2 | DBoS: 1

King of Thieves
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

They all seem too overpowered but i like the idea!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:They all seem too overpowered but i like the idea!
+1, I agree
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:They all seem too overpowered but i like the idea!
+1 also agree ;)
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

New ideas for normal, less overpowered skills:
Nor city:
Shadowy form: On every experience level up, block chance increase will change from 3% to 5%, if you choose to increase block chance.
Shadow's blessing: On every third experience level up, gain chance to increase damage resistance by one instead of block chance.

Feygard:
Combat training: lv up attack chance by 8% instead of 5% on every experience level up.
Elythara's blessing: Allows you to gain 1% block chance with every 10% base attack chance.

Thieve's guild:
Quickfingers: Same as before.
Stealthy combat: Gain 20% attack chance and 20% block chance at the first two rounds of combat.On the third round of combat, lose 5% attack chance and block chance on every subsequent round.
Hey guys, I'm back.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

fun ideas!

:D

+1

i love to see the brainstorming!!!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"