Potions quest

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Potions quest

Post by Wyrmspawn »

It just occurred to me that if there are such things as empty vials and bottles in this game, every time I chug a potion, shouldn't there be an empty vial left in my backpack? Or would it be too difficult to code that into a game?

And if it is possible to code such a thing into a game, shouldn't the empty vials and bottles be reusable? So this is my idea of a quest. A priest in the wilderness needs the ingredients to make potions, and asks you for help. You get the ingredients for him, when he discovers that he has no vials or bottles to put the potions in. So, he proposes that instead of you going to buy vials and bottles for him, he'll fill the bottles and vials you happen to have for free. Or maybe very cheaply. The catch would be that the priest should be hard to reach, and you would have to bring your own bottles.

How does this quest sound like? I was thinking it could be somewhere in Eastern Loneford, or some new area. Just thought it would be weird if my character had a collection of 10,000 broken vials in his stomach... :o
Hey guys, I'm back.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Potions quest

Post by DarkSavant13 »

+1 like this idea. You would definitely have to make empty bottles buyable.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Lol, green at? Recycle your potion bottles??
:D
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

phydeaux wrote:Lol, green at? Recycle your potion bottles??
:D
I vote for a Green Andor's Trail! :geek:

Next stop... SOLAR PANELS! :mrgreen:
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Na, solar panels would only be good for regen on magic powers, which aren't in the game (yet *fingers crossed*) I think I remember seeing oskar wanted to add some spells, but can't remember where... Also, magic use in AT is greatly hindered by the "no ranged weapons" policy, but then, there's always heal? Maybe a shield of some sort? spellcasting is usually a heavily ranged group (thus the"casting") but who knows...