Ancient Secrets, Guard won't give password SOLVED

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Daphne3
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Ancient Secrets, Guard won't give password SOLVED

Post by Daphne3 »

I went into the prison, met the barrier before the big guardian, went back and got the warden's necklace then exited and saw the guard. His dialogue was that of the first time you talk to him. He did not recognize I had the warden's pendant and gave me no options to talk about it. The pendant shows in my inventory as a "Quest item, Category: Other", "Flagstone Warden's necklace". I can't get the password from the guard to allow me to cross the barrier and continue deeper into the prison. I went back upstairs in the prison, and there's no warden there to kill a second time. Went back to the guard and he still didn't see I had the necklace. I don't have any saves from before I killed the warden. Is there any way I can complete this quest?

SOLVED: Thanks for the responses. It took a couple more trips to the demon and back to the guard before I got the password. but I'm moving again.
Last edited by nyktos on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title Altered & Thread Moved
DarkSavant13

Re: Bug on Ancient Secrets, Guard won't give password

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums,Daphne3. :D

It's not a bug, though many think it is...
Try going back to the barrier now that you have the necklace. ;)
thk
android_version: 4.0

Post by thk »

It seems that many people resort to the forums about this.
When you enter, the first thing you notice are the stairs up which, when climbed, lead you to the warden and ultimately to his pendant. Then of course you would want to go back to the guard and inquire about the pendant, but no option of dialogue pops up.
I can totally see how people might get confused at this point.
After all, the guardian is somewhat hidden
Maybe there could be some additional dialogue for the case that said item is found first? Something along the lines
me: 'I found the warden. He attacked me, so I had no choice but to kill him. I found this pendant on his corpse'
guard: 'Oh, the wardens pendant! He used to be very protective about it -- I wonder if it had any special purpose. Maybe you should go and search the prison more thoroughly, you never know what secrets it might hold'
me: Alright, I go and have another look.
Level: 30, XP: 514147, Gold: 23814
HP: 67(60), AC: 177(110)%, AD: 21-28(20), CC: 16%, CM: 3.0, BC: 51(0)%, DR: 1(0)
Combat Speed: 2
Increased Fortitude: 2
Regeneration: 2
Pure Blood: 1
Dark blessing of the Shadow: 1
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Nice. That should be an easy dialog fix. Just put it in and choose the option that allows dialog only if the hero has the item (the warden's necklace) in his inventory. ;)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Bug on Ancient Secrets, Guard won't give password SOLVED

Post by Pyrizzle »

thk wrote:It seems that many people resort to the forums about this.
When you enter, the first thing you notice are the stairs up which, when climbed, lead you to the warden and ultimately to his pendant. Then of course you would want to go back to the guard and inquire about the pendant, but no option of dialogue pops up.
I can totally see how people might get confused at this point.
After all, the guardian is somewhat hidden
Maybe there could be some additional dialogue for the case that said item is found first? Something along the lines
me: 'I found the warden. He attacked me, so I had no choice but to kill him. I found this pendant on his corpse'
guard: 'Oh, the wardens pendant! He used to be very protective about it -- I wonder if it had any special purpose. Maybe you should go and search the prison more thoroughly, you never know what secrets it might hold'
me: Alright, I go and have another look.
Great suggestions!!! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------