modification for increased fortitude

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: modification for increased fortitude

Post by Sarumar »

Treadmore wrote:
Usirim wrote:I use the increased fortitude skill heavily (saving skill point to skill up as soon as posible) and with level 86 I have over 300 HP by spending only two level points for raising HP. At the moment I gain +6 HP on every new level and since I will spend another skill point on level 90 on increased fortitude skill I expect to have 410(!) HP on level 100!
That is imho too heavy and I suggest to apply the HP boni only when spending a level point to increase HP.
So even high level Chars have to watch their HPs and spend some level points on HP to survive the icqan caves... (from my point of view even with 0.6.11 the deadliest place around). :mrgreen:
Is this just a symptom of the game being in development still?

I worry that some of these requests to cap/limit/whatever, if implemented, may spoil v1.0 when possibly most users will be trying to complete game rather than pootling about with extreme builds and grinds.
Don't worry about this one, Oskar is clever one... and he will not break this game..

Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Treadmore
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by Treadmore »

^i'll rest easy ;)
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Treadmore wrote:
Usirim wrote:I use the increased fortitude skill heavily (saving skill point to skill up as soon as posible) and with level 86 I have over 300 HP by spending only two level points for raising HP. At the moment I gain +6 HP on every new level and since I will spend another skill point on level 90 on increased fortitude skill I expect to have 410(!) HP on level 100!
That is imho too heavy and I suggest to apply the HP boni only when spending a level point to increase HP.
So even high level Chars have to watch their HPs and spend some level points on HP to survive the icqan caves... (from my point of view even with 0.6.11 the deadliest place around). :mrgreen:
Is this just a symptom of the game being in development still?

I worry that some of these requests to cap/limit/whatever, if implemented, may spoil v1.0 when possibly most users will be trying to complete game rather than pootling about with extreme builds and grinds.
No worries, mate. ;) I really don't think you have anything to worry about because I doubt Increased Fortitude will ever be capped.

For one thing, there are other skills that rely on Increased Fortitude and capping it could affect those skills.

For another thing, with new content coming out all the time, higher level mobs and quests are sure to appear. Quests that make it so that people are grateful for the extra health. It may be a while, but it will happen. ;)

To answer your question about whether this talk about capping is a symptom of a game in development, the answer is yes. People tend to forget that there is a lot more to be done with the game and post suggestions accordingly. They tend to think only of their own character and things that they are going through with that character and not the development of the game as a whole with characters of all levels. Also, they don't really know what it's like to play a lower/mid level character in the current build because their character is from several versions ago (a lot can change from one build to another).
OMGitsMe

Post by OMGitsMe »

Pyrizzle wrote:
nyktos wrote:you will need the HP's trust me!
Yes, yes you will. :twisted:

Did you get the pic i sent you a few days ago with a map? I have twists and turns on the mind, this may not end well for our lil adventurers. :lol:
I anxiously await the new challenge! Not too many things out there that even get a turn in the first round before being slaughtered :D
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

OMGitsMe wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:
nyktos wrote:you will need the HP's trust me!
Yes, yes you will. :twisted:

Did you get the pic i sent you a few days ago with a map? I have twists and turns on the mind, this may not end well for our lil adventurers. :lol:
I anxiously await the new challenge! Not too many things out there that even get a turn in the first round before being slaughtered :D
I live to please. Just gonna have to keep waiting for now. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMGitsMe

Post by OMGitsMe »

I have had this game on every phone I have gone through... I wake up every morning hoping to find my phone sayin' "update available for AT" :D
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Okay, we have drifted a bit here.

Any opinions on a modification to increased fortitude? :mrgreen:

DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:Okay, we have drifted a bit here.

Any opinions on a modification to increased fortitude? :mrgreen:
Fine the way it is. As new, tougher, content comes out those complaining about things being too easy at later levels will be happy for the extra health. :twisted:
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13 wrote: Fine the way it is. As new, tougher, content comes out those complaining about things being too easy at later levels will be happy for the extra health. :twisted:
I agree 100%, it is fine as is.