Staffs

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Staffs

Post by Pyrizzle »

I was thinking about it and this game is seriously lacking in the polearms department.

I'm a huge fan of staffs, so here is my idea:

Since the staff is a 2 handed weapon you cannot use a shield with it

but because it has 2 ends there are 2 opportunities to inflict damage per swing.

For example:

Quarter Staff:
AP: 5
AC: 35%
AD: 3-5
BC: 2%

In one swing you'd get 2 chances to deal 3-5 damage, but it would only cost you 5 Ap.
In one swing you could do 0-10 Damage,

What do you guys think? :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Re: Staffs

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I kind of understand it, but then, you could introduce a whole lot of exotic weapons with just an addition that doesn't fit well into the sword or axe or club category. I could see Chinese meteor hammers and "wheels" and "xuedizi" and stuff implemented if we introduce this new category of weapons. We should just stick with what we have, or people will be like, "hey, if they can implement staffs, why can't we implement other exotic weapons?" Soon, there'll be weapons from all around the world floating around in Andor's trail. Which is why I think we should stick with what we have.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:I kind of understand it, but then, you could introduce a whole lot of exotic weapons with just an addition that doesn't fit well into the sword or axe or club category. I could see Chinese meteor hammers and "wheels" and "xuedizi" and stuff implemented if we introduce this new category of weapons. We should just stick with what we have, or people will be like, "hey, if they can implement staffs, why can't we implement other exotic weapons?" Soon, there'll be weapons from all around the world floating around in Andor's trail. Which is why I think we should stick with what we have.
IDK why you would constitter a staff to be exotic. It is by far the most common and easily available weapon there is. Anyone can build one and anyone could learn to use one.

I'm not saying that the attack bonus needs to be added in, but i feel like a staff or two would be a great addition.

As far as basic weapons go: Sword, Axe, Clubs, Bow & Arrows, Staffs, and daggers are commonly found weapons.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

A staff is really just a long club...
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

staff = 1 staff

staves = more than 1 staff
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

+1 I like the idea, but my only concern is its stats. 3-5 AD is a little high considering you get two attacks per round. Also, why would a staff provide BC :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

you can catch blows with the middle and a long staff, if you observe Kung Fu, is often used to keep enemies at a distance and therefore keep themselves safe. In fact, there's a saying that goes, an inch longer is an inch stronger, in Chinese Kung Fu. So, long polearms such as staffs are excellent defensive weapons.
Hey guys, I'm back.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Maybe there is a great and far off land we must venture to where these types of weapons are commonplace and our weapons and armors are exotic...

Could be interesting if we can find the right graphics to give the area that oriental look and feel.
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Love it.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

sdevaney wrote:Maybe there is a great and far off land we must venture to where these types of weapons are commonplace and our weapons and armors are exotic...

Could be interesting if we can find the right graphics to give the area that oriental look and feel.
+1 really nice one.

Sarumar *enter in the shop* "Ahh.. I like that one and this one too.. but .. :shock: ..what it this... "

Merchant " I see.. you are after for professional weapons...this is the Naginata, you can do some really nasty damage on this one... but I cannot sell anything to you untill you have the grandmasters approval".
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1