v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Post by ctnbeh13 »

I definitely wouldn't recommend Opera Mini. All of the web data is run through their servers and stripped down to offer the speed at the compromise of quality. It's probably only a viable option if you live out in some remote area where your signal strength is pretty sketchy.

I'll look into Boat. If it's not just another GUI layer atop the stock Android browser, I'll probably give it a try.
One of even fewer...
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I had Opera mini, but found that it would give me a 403 error on some web pages. Having tried most of the other ones out there (Dolphin, Opera, etc.) I thought to give Boat a try and like it best out of any of them. It has all that you described with Opera and more. Fastest browser I've ever seen, especially when it comes to the loading of pages, video, and flash. I would suggest giving it a try as you can have more than one browser at a time on your phone. If ya don't like it, delete it. ;)

DarkSavant13
Boat Company Rep
(Just kidding, lol. :lol: )
If we are talking about browsers I recently switched to Maxthon Browser from opera mini and dolphin hd.
It can load full desktop websites, mobile sites,User Agents,flash etc and the UI is really fast considering dolphon HD lagged big time for me.
Also these forums are rendenered well and fast too.
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

As ctnbeh13 has said, Opera Mini is NOT the same thing as Opera Mobile.

Difference between Opera Mini and Opera Mobile

Personally, I use the "stock" android browser on my rooted Samsung GSII E4GT (running calkulins Gingerbread EL29 ROM) and it works just fine for most purposes but I do have Opera Mobile installed as a backup and do use it on occasion. For older or less powerful phones I would definitely recommend Opera Mobile over the stock browser.

*Note* I do not browse forums on my phone. I do not play browser games on my phone. I do not go crazy with 20 tabs open at once in the browser on my phone. In fact, I only use my phone's browser when I absolutely need to access a website and don't have a computer readily available (which isn't very often considering I work in the IT industry).
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
ExotiCAT

Post by ExotiCAT »

I got the Tapatalk and other accessibility apps for my new phone. After 3 hours I uninstalled Tapatalk for being too much of a pain to use. 'Nuf said :)
Frog Lover
qasur

Post by qasur »

Like I said a few pages back, I didn't even notice that Andor's Trail was *on* Tapatalk until I was messing around searching for regular places I checked for fun.

I use it 100% for the Star Wars Customizable Card Game PC website. Tons of users over there have downloaded Tapatalk because the main Advocate running things uses it and loves it, and they have come to love it as well. I think it works great for getting a quick and easy experience. Overall, it eliminates (or gives me the option to eliminate) pictures from my Forum-browsing experience which makes load times very short.

It's not an app for everyone for sure, but if you're main goal is to read threads and post in them, then it does about everything you need. If you're the person to mutli-quote people all over the place, then yeah, it's very tough (but doable) and probably isn't for you. If you're planning to upload/download stuff via the Forum, then yeah, it's probably not for you. However, I imagine just reading/posting is what 90% of people do on Forums, so it's got a chance to have a wide-margin usage.

As far as other browsers go, I have tried them, but I always come back to the stock Android Browser because I never run into things it cannot load these days. I get errors on tons of web pages with Dolphin HD. Opera, and Skyfire (before Flash was updated to version 11 for phones).
insink71
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by insink71 »

I love Tapatalk. Downside is web master has to fix two files [in each style] every time there is a phpbb update and/or Tapatalk update. So, recently Tapatalk has been doing some updates; prob why links got broken. That is the real, albeit small headache to manage.
My opinion is: if you are not a forum hound, probably don't need Tapatalk. If however you are like me, you're searching xda, rootzwiki, androidforums, etc constantly... It's a nice tool to have.
Just my opinion [again], but if the decision was made to disable, probably should login to Tapatalk and disable listing as well. Broken links carry bad karma ;)

Rob

PS I choose Firefox, Zirco or webkit browser as I try to stick with and support open source development [why I checked this game out; not typically a gamer]
On that note, Chromium is open source [not available for android], but Chrome.. it confuses me there; I believe it falls into Gapps free but not open category.
Last edited by insink71 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher
Lvl: 41 | XP: 1241954 | Gold: 1266 | Date:06/18/2012
HP: 98 | AC: 198% | AD: 27-37 | AP: 3
CC: 0% | CM: 0.0 | BC: 107% | DR: 1

RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 1 | ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

We should be removed from their lists now, or at least the next time they are updated.

sdevaney
wcooley
android_version: 4.0

Post by wcooley »

If you're still looking for opinions, I'd like to toss in another vote for Tapatalk support... I just bought it hoping to be able to read this forum with it; I didn't realize it required something special setup on the forum server--I guessed it just "knew" about the XPath structure of common forum packages like phpBB and dealt with them accordingly. Oh well, there are other things I'll use it for.

(I know I can do it with a regular browser, but I hate panning and zooming/unzooming to navigate. One of my (many) peeves.)

Let me qualify this: I find typing on my phone it too tedious, so I mostly care about being able to easily read, browse & search. A mobile skin would suit me just as well.

Thanks!
Wil